Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

North Facing corner plot

Page 1 of 1

Hi, I am eyeing on a north facing corner plot. Is it a good choice or bad choice. Two disadvantages i see is too much traffic and noise and nature strip maintainence on two sides on the flip side its appears that maximum utlising of the sunlight and one less neighbour. [Assumoption] Like the lot will get sun from east in the morning , north in midmorning and in the afternoon the west side can bright up the backyard. Do you see any disadvantages or is the orientation not good at all for buying.
One of her 190 FREE podcasts on building renovation “undercover architect” Australian female architect Amelia ...she priorities orientation/ aspect .... remember as you read listen in Australia draftsman/ architect a North Facing block is the rear of property.
https://undercoverarchitect.com/podcast
In my opinion North facing blocks are the worst.

Best solar on the front is a waste and you will probably finish up with a lot of west facing windows which are difficult to shade and are likely to cause overheating in summer,

See this link for more: https://anewhouse.com.au/2012/02/block-orientation/
In my opinion, you really need a good house design to fully utilize the north aspect. Like put the garage and main entrance in the longer side. Or have two courtyards in east and west. Make some room facing the courtyard.
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

2/03/2024
Site cost for a battleaxe plot

Building A New House

Thanks for the insight! My plot is a new development so hopefully I won't have too much problem during build as everyone should be roughly building together. I also…

3/04/2024
Front setback minimum requirement for battleaxe plot

General Discussion

Thanks Draftroom that definitely helps a heap. We are still at the very early stage of planning to see what kind of house would fit on our plot. While we are on a…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum