Join Login
Building ForumBuying Land

Power lines high above property - is that a problem?

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys - need your help here - I found a good lot of land on Sash road in Leppington (haven't bought yet so let me know your thoughts honestly!) , everything's fine except for one thing and I was wondering if you can help me decide:
The property itself is fine, however 4-5 properties to my right there's these 3 really tall wooden electricity poles, they carry 3 very long electric cables high up and they go over my property and are picked up by another set of 3 wooden poles perhaps 7 or 8 properties away to my left.

Is this a concern (healthwise, resell value etc?) Note also that the lot is about 65 meters deep and the 3 lines cross over the end 10-15m of the backyard, the house itself will be naturally at the other side of the property.
Health wise it is not a concern.
Except that if those wires fall in a storm it could be dangerous
Also, resale will be impacted

maybe check with council if they intend to take the power lines underground later?
I doubt you will be allowed to build anything in the powerline corridor.

Most people I know wouldn't want to live near or underneath power lines so I think it would affect your resale value.
I know that having a view of the Ocean will definitely increase property value so in this case, the opposite should be true.
Related
14/06/2023
Brick movement above damp proof course

General Discussion

Have look at your house plans and you will probably find that brick articulation joint has been missed. Maximum allowable spacing is 6M or 5.5M for a wall with window…

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

You are here
Building ForumBuying Land
Home
Pros
Forum