Jun 02, 2020 5:52 pm
I've been doing quite a lot of research into the Fraser Rise Area and Deanside (previously called Plumpton and Kororoit).
Im quite confident that i'm leaning more towards the Fraser Rise Area now; but just looking at which estate in the area.
I just have some general concerns as I've never 'brought a block' and really need to understand the process. I've tried to do a large amount of research myself although, starting to hit snags and if anyone can help answer just a few of my many questions it would be great!
What I've done so far: I've actually visited each and every estate in the area, that is, Kerani Heights, Sienna North, Aldo, Monument, Westwood, and (Botanica (I think it was called this); have a planned meeting next week for financials with a bank next week
What I've noticed so far is each estate offers (what I see to be important) roughly the same guideline in terms of title duration, title to build duration and build duration, no body corporate fee's, similar design guidelines etc.
Essentially the way I understand from my research so far, it is that in each estate its 1 contract with the estate which just covers your land, and its then up to you to negotiate with a builder to place a house on that land. From what it seems the whole 'house and land' is a little bs – Please correct me here.
Out of the estates I've visited i'm leaning more towards Westwood; the reason for this being that after reviewing the Melton City Council proposed plans, this estate is closet to the proposed school, small shopping complex and gym facilities.
Here comes my questions:
1) The estate proposes a large amount of 'parks' and 'pathways' in there master plan; how likely does this come to flourishon? The reviews from this developer are VERY VERY poor and mentions that they do not meet the proposed plans in the previous developments they have done.
2) Other then body corporate fee's in an 'estate' do I need to be concerned of any other hidden costs?
1) How likely are the proposed school, small shopping complex and gym facilities likely to be canned and never built?
1) One of the estates mentioned I need to be concerned with the amount of 'fill' on the block and should make sure I need to check this out. a) How do I 'check this out' b) please give me some more guidance on how major of a concern this is
1) How hard is it going to find a builder that will/can meet the design requirements of the estate; I'm anticipating quite a bit of a cost blowout from what it seems...
1) Who is responsibly for placing items like a fence, and front yard? or will this be another 'hidden fee'
Overall and anyone please provide me with any guidance on what to look out for? it would be great.
Re: Fraser Rise / Plumpton4
Feb 14, 2021 2:04 pm
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I forgot my password and now this silly site wont let me log in.
After extensively researching the area and plans, I actually did purchase in Westwood. I don't know how long you plan to keep the property, but you mind be interested in the below two items:
Outer Metropolitan Ring:
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/plannin ... t-corridor
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/plannin ... esign-maps
We are map number 6, this shows a longer term plans of roads, i know its still AGGGESSSS away, but in my opinion shows westwood as the perfect distance from shops, a new main arterial and potentially rail.
Additionally, I looked at the city of melton plans here:
https://vpa.vic.gov.au/project/plumpton ... umentation
Take a look at the APPROVED GAZETTED DOCUMENTS which shows the plans for the area.
All in all, I settled on purchasing a block in Westwood, that will hopefully be walking distance to the school and aquatics centre. Even the small shops that they propose.
I understand that plans may not eventuate or take for ever but I feel out of the estates it is in a good location and distance to everything.
So far, the land is expecting to title soon, and havent run into any issues so far... builders in the area havent found rocks so it looks pretty safe on that front too. The 'walk' seems to be coming along as well so, honeslty so far, I cant complain
I hope that this information helps
I ended up purchasing in Westwood actually -
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic