Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Paving under a 2.3m square Portable Spa

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

Just after any help in regards to my situation for my pad to hold my Spa

Spa Size - 2.3m X 2.3m Spa Weight Filled 1780kg

We have a storm water easment at the back of our boundary of 2mtrs and the actual pipe is around 3 mtrs underground

We are looking at using Travertine Pavers 30mm around and underneath the spa, about 4.5m X 5mtr area of paving. We have been advised to do 150mm compacted road base, 20mm sand bed and pave on top. Will this be okay for the spa to sit on ?

Another contractor wanted to pour a 100mm slab with footing but said we could not do it over the storm water easment of the 2 mtrs.

What are thoughts or any suggestions ?

Appreciate any feedback
Thanks
Either would be ok. Easements are only a problem for permanent buildings, slabs should be ok. If well drained and compacted soil the roadbase might be ok. Given it is over a pipe and hence fill and under a wet spa, a slab will be more reliable long term. Best is 100mm with SL72 mesh at a push you could use 80mm with SL52. You would direct stick with tile adhesive but could use 20mm thick tiles and leave the area under the spa to save $.

cheers Pulse

Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

29/06/2023
Spa Baths

General Discussion

Ok thanks heaps for your taking the time to reply.

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum