Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Owner Builder Pool

Page 1 of 1
These photos are in our main thread but I thought I would bring them all together in this thread. Pool is 25 meter lap pool and main pool approx 130000 liters (pool was filled with water on a Friday)

aw wow!!! It must feel amazing to have it finished, and it looking so great. I love that you can paddle a kayak in it
cat_dunc
aw wow!!! It must feel amazing to have it finished, and it looking so great. I love that you can paddle a kayak in it

It’s been a long time coming that’s for sure (we were suppose to have it done before we nicked off for Xmas holidays but the decking took longer than we expected) hats off to hubby for doing approx 200sqm of decking himself!
Love it!

Spa finally up and running (went through a whole gas container last night lol) Alfresco nearly finished
Looks awesome. My hubby would love the lap pool!! Well done and enjoy!!
DamNita
Looks awesome. My hubby would love the lap pool!! Well done and enjoy!!

Thanks
Looks amazing, which brand of concrete brick did you use? We are considering Adbri. In hindsight are you glad you used brick vs concrete pour, more cost effective?
Thanks. We used Midland Brick for the fence and just ordinary bricks for the pool itself. Our bricklayer had done pools before so it was more a case of being confident with the person building it and the procedure. We still used over $40k woth of concrete so I wasn't really a cost effectiveness plan for us.
Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum