Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Pool Builder

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Can someone suggest me a reliable pool builder in hills area. Blue Haven pool has special offer at the moment and I am thinking to get a quote from them. It would be appreciate if you have built with them and share your experience.
Hi

I live in Newcastle and built with Blue Haven Pools, and I will never use them again. I was very disappointed in everything they did. The beginning of the process was fine, the salesman was great, but then it took them ages to get their act together and start, and then they do half the job and tell me that they wanted more money. I had to get Fair Trading involved but I still had to pay extra money. They didn't follow rules like temporary fencing and having a toilet on site, they made an absolute mess of my driveway and the road in front of our house, and when I told them that they had to clean it asap, they ignored me and I had to do it myself. The rules say that each pool light must have its own transformer; when the trip lights arrived they each had their own, but when it came to setting them up, they only used one and the other one had disappeared. I contacted them about this and they told me that this is how they always do it, but if I wanted to I could drop by and they would give me another one. Whenever there was an issue, they would pass the buck and say things like so and so was supposed to call you, etc

Sorry for the ramble, it's just that I'm so disappointed with them. Maybe if you live in a different area that you might have a better experience, but I honestly doubt it. I even tried to contact their head office in Sydney about issues during the build and even they ignored me. I'm certain there are much better pool builders out there.

Good luck!

Related
1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum