Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Fibre glass pool installation gone wrong

Page 1 of 1
I live in Perth. I signed a contract with Sapphire Pools on the 6th September with plans of having my kids enjoy the pool over the school holidays. Today 23rd November I have a half filled pool (with water evaporating) surrounded by mounds of dirt in my backyard. Neither do my kids have a pool to swim in but a backyard that is also uninhabitable. When I signed the contract they asked me to remove pavers to provide access for their bobcat. We did this. Less than a week prior to the pool being installed they said that they would have to knock down my retaining wall to gain access. So this means that I incurred unnecessary expense in uplifting pavers which eventually need to be relaid. They then installed the pool lower than my pavers causing a tripping hazard. The contract stated that they were required to install the pool (with the header fitted) 10mm below the pavers. This they did not do. The other side of my pool is about a phone book length away from the retaining wall. They did rebuild the retaining wall to the previous height after the pool was installed. Because they had removed the wall when the pool was put in it was not apparent that the retaining wall would come up short. So not only do I have a tripping hazard on one side of my pool- on the other side the fiber glass pool rises well above the retaining wall and sticks out like a sore thumb( I live on a corner block). From the street view its almost comical seeing the fibreglass sticking out well above ground. I’m very unhappy and stressed about this. Xmas is only a few weeks away and the issue still hasn’t been resolved. Sapphire refuse to accept responsibility for fixing this. They insist that it is a fencing issue which it is clearly not. The retaining wall clearly needs to go higher. This was never mentioned when I signed the contract. I had envisaged it would be flush with the top of the retaining wall. They insist I use my colourbond fence as a retaining wall. Not only will this be structurally unsound but also awful aesthetically (especially as I live on a corner block). It would be tantamount to putting a plaster on a gangrenous sore. In addition to this they’ve killed off a part of my lawn with the piles of sand left on the verge. In a photo you can see water seeping away from the retaining wall. It’s where they damaged reticulation. Now there is a gaping hole at the bottom of the wall. All this has been giving me sleepless nights. I’m gutted as it looks like this job won’t be completed before Xmas.

Seems like you just need to raise the height of the retaining wall and backfill. Did you end up resolving the issue?

Could U back fill and tile between the retaining wall and fence?
thread dig when you should have slept in
Related
4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

13/02/2024
Fixing to inteternal fibre cement wall

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

All my inside walls are Fibre Cement & House has Steel frames... Tricky when one wants to hang pictures or do Wainscoating Paneling up the hallway. Those little nail…

17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum