Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Anybody with a maxi rib compass pool above ground?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm looking into the possibility of an above ground fiberglass pool. The compass maxi rib looks to fit my needs. I would like to know if anybody has had one of these installed above ground and how solid they feel underfoot and on the side walls. I have been in some in ground fibreglass pools and the shells have sometimes had "spongy" spots. Just wondering if this ever happens with maxi rib system.

Thanks Sarah
No idea sorry but some of Barrier reefs little ones can also come in above ground versions if it helps.
Good luck with your research!
Hi Sara . I have no experience with maxi rib but we build about 30 above ground fibreglass pools per year . Defiantly feel solid under foot . I actually delivered a 7x 3.5 reinforced pool to Hervey Bay last Saturday . If you would like to have a look at it I could organise for you.
Cheers Andrew

Ooh can you share photos please?
I have a friend asking about above ground fibre glass. She called Barrier reef pools and they said their range/the installation of is a fair amount dearer than the standard in ground. Is that true? I can't imagine why?? Less digging, no conc bond beam? Just deck up to the edge?
She has a sewer main cutting right through the middle of her back yard, so was thinking the above ground would be best as she could half dig it in, not fully?
Can they sit over a sewer main?

Here's a few shells prior to the landscaping

wheeliworks
Hi Sara . I have no experience with maxi rib but we build about 30 above ground fibreglass pools per year . Defiantly feel solid under foot . I actually delivered a 7x 3.5 reinforced pool to Hervey Bay last Saturday . If you would like to have a look at it I could organise for you.
Cheers Andrew

Thanks Andrew, yeah that would be good. what company are you associated with?

Thanks Sarah.
sjl81
wheeliworks
Cheers Andrew

Thanks Andrew, yeah that would be good. what company are you associated with?

Thanks Sarah.

Swimspaplungepool.com
Cheers

Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/08/2023
In-ground pool lining

Pools & Spas

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this post correctly. Please advise if it's not. I've just bought my place. The inground pool has a marble lining that has…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum