Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Barrier Reef Pools?

Page 3 of 3
Sadly... nope... no email...
jhiace
Sadly... nope... no email...

Aw man.

I've got two quotes and loz has one which makes three. We can share via pm if it makes you feel cheerier?
I'll call them again tomorrow.. all good
We used Tranquility about a year ago and I couldn't recommend them enough! Been so happy.
Couldn't work something out last month with the filter rang them, they helped me out so friendly and it was no problem.

We recommended them and our friend is just as happy.

So many compliments on the pool!
Awesome KDRB. May you please share a photo of it?
Trying to work out how to put in the photo ..
Super easy on tapa-talk. Less easy on the computer! Search for it up the top. Someone made a post showing people how
(I use photobucket, then copy the link over, but there might be an easier way now)
How'd it go today Cat?

lozza81
How'd it go today Cat?

Really great Lozza. Shannon was incredible.

He answered lots of questions, gave lots of suggestions. I asked him about the pool splitting and mentioned product review/Barrier Reef and those concerns with warranty. He stood up for them, said they'd sell thousands on pools and you've only heard about three bad stories. Everything else he said seemed great.

Sadly their price is about $3,300 higher for the same size pool including install than Barrier Reef, with Barrier Reef now being the lowest.

Unless Tranquility can sweeten the deal it looks like we'll probably go with Barrier Reef as that $3.5k will help a lot with the retaining wall we'll need to build for the pool.
For anyone who comes to read this looking for info or guidance on Newcastle/Hunter pool company's, an update is:

We managed to talk Tranquility down to match Barrier Reef's price. So a lesson to anyone - bargain the price! Because we liked the Tranquility pool shape better and they were now the same price we went with them. Our pool is in now and we love it, though haven't really used it yet due to it not being warm enough.

The guys who installed the pool were lovely. They left a bit of mess but we've cleaned it up now.

With regards to Tranquility as a company - service was 'mediocre' before sale. Barrier Reef by comparison, returned calls and emails near immediately if you didnt get them the first time. After sale Tranquility's service has been dreadful. They won't return calls, or voice messages, so we text messaged. In response they only sent two short blunt text messages. Our filter broke down within a week and Tranquility filed a warranty claim for us and gave it directly to a local pool shop to deal with - all without speaking to us, just one text message saying along the lines of "warranty claim with pool shop, they will call you". The pool shop then came and replaced the whole filter with a new one as they said they'd had lots break down recently and now just replace them instead of fix them.

I'd guess Tranquillity still install those filters because they have a heap in their warehouse? Who knows?

Anyway, all good. I'm sure there's pros and cons to each company!
Related
18/09/2023
Barrier reef pool fading

Pools & Spas

Hi, I had a barrier reef pool installed less that 2 years ago and the gel coat is already fading. The colour is electric grey shimmer which isn’t available…

30/10/2023
We need Structural Engineers' advice on Driveway Barrier

Building A New House

I’m not a structural engineer but I’m free. you still need an engineer for the plans. I only have part of your plans, but you seem to have a 850mm drop from the side…

1/04/2024
How to repair old pine log fence/barrier?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I have an old fence/barrier made of treated pine logs bolted to plates and these are bolted to very large metal posts/girders. The plates and bolts are rusted through…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum