Hello lovely members,
Building a house on a narrow block hopefully end of this year. 12.5 frontage so only 1m setback on the sides. We will have 12.5m x12m backyard and would love to install a 7mx3m fibreglass pool in the backyard. As we have plenty of space in the backyard and no easements etc, the pool can be 3 m away from house or can be 8 m away from house if we place is horizontally at the rear of the yard.
We would love your help to work out which option will be cost effective and feasible in the long run.
1. Building pool before home construction:
Pros: good access for bobcut excavators etc, no need of bigger crane so saves money here
- need temporary fencing 1k to 1.5k
- hard cover 4k-5k
- delays building construction time by minimal 2 months (6 weeks for pool council approval, 4 weeks to build the pool, 1 week to install) so 2 months extra rent 5k for us
- delay for builder to start building home so we don't get paid for liquidate damage if builder goes over handover date, even its their fault, they will blame the swimming pool installation time as the delay??
//// so altogether its 10-12k extra if we build the pool before the house construction begins. Am I right here? Anything I've over calculated or did not calculate at all?
2. Building after house construction
- saves 5k from hardcover and temporary fencing
- doesn't delay the handover or building construction time. Saves 5k from renting our current apartment for 2 months?
- I can build the pool closer to the house?
- narrow access, only 1m access to side setbacks
So 5k extra for 2days worth mini bobcut excavation plus conveyer belt to take away soil, import sand etc
- bigger/ biggest crane for installing the 7x3 m pool over the top of 2 storey house. Another $$$
- access via doorway is an option? Chances to damage tiles/ home/ fencing!!
Does it mean narrow access with larger cranes and mini bobcut, conveyer belts etc would be total 10k additional cost?
In that case the options of doing pool before or after the house construction is more or less 10k additional? Then which option would be better?
Am I correct with the estimation of my additional cost here? Anything costly that I've missed?
Am I over estimating anything?
Your tips and info hve been real eye opener for me till now. Thanks in advance