Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Help please! we have narrowed down to 2 pool options

Page 1 of 1
We are wanting to install a pool and have narrowed down to two options, finding it hard to choose from here.
I have put specs down below but not much difference in price between the quotes, Are certain brands better than others? Any feedback on companies Somerset Pools vs Bombora Pools? Located NSW. Narellen area

Quote 1 Quote 2

Barrier Reef Firbreglass Harvest pools firbreglass
7.5m x 4.4m (1.26 - 1.86 deepth) 8m x 4.4m (1.1 -1.67)
Filter cartridge Hayward star clear Filter cartridge Astral zx100
Chlorinator Hayward Puresilk auto Saltmate auto clean
Pump Haryward Super II 1.5 hp Astral E series 1 HP
$ 40,531 $ 41,600

The shape of the pools are the same, the 8m pool just has corner seats down the deep end.
keep in mind a swg needs to be rated about 50% bigger than pool
which cell are you getting vs pool volume
Thanks for your reply! It wasn't specified in the quote . Ill call them tomorrow and ask. Thanks also for the tip on 50% bigger.
Comparisons
Barrier reef shell is much stronger
Filters zx 100 is way to small , you didn't state size on star clear but the Hayward swim clear is a better filter and a 200 or 250,is even better
Pure silk chlorinator is as good as you will get . It runs on about half the salt as most chlorinator so and will tell you when you need salt . Saltmate are a good reliable chlorinator .
Both pumps are reliable units and on paras far as noise and power goes . I would use a vsp from either supplier . They are both good pumps . The biggest advantage of a vsp especially when used with a well designed circulation system is you will vacuum less , skim better , clean better almost silent operation and save loads on power is you start up at

But equipment can be upgraded or changed . More important is the water circulation .
The pipe sizing , skimmer box and location and number of returns .
A well set up system will be much less maintenance, quieter and save money on power .
Many sales people won't understand this themselves .
Start at the skimmer , if you are in a leafy area one with a 7 litre basket as opposed to average 3litre will mean lees emptying or risk of blockage .
Some companies still use 40mm pipe,it doesn't the mater what equipment you use it will never work great with that Using 50mm pipe on suctions . You can split to 2x40mm return pipes but not 1 . Deep and shallow end returns designed to circulate the water eliminates dead spots and helps get dirt into filter without vacuuming .
Good luck with your decision
Cheers andrew

Related
8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

19/05/2023
Cladding Options -- Pros, Cons

General Discussion

Standard uninsulated double brick has an R value of around 0.7. An insulated standard 90mm stud timber frame can have an R value of around 2.7. Even if you insulate a…

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum