Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

installing a pool during construction of home

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys/ladies, I'm looking at having a pool installed in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has any idea how much a pool void cover is to hire aproximately for a 7x3.5m pool. Metricon have told me they won't work onsite untill it has one
I've been quoted $3000 for covering a 10x2.4m pool during construction. Not sure if that's a hired or single use cover.

Hi,

You need to be careful with the pool cover. It needs to be a "engineered pool cover" otherwise they might make you redo it like me. I had to get the pool cover installed twice! I think I paid about 2.5-3K for mine. I would advise you to get whoever is going to do your pool to provide an engineering document for the pool cover. Don't take their word. Forward this onto M and get them to give you clearance.
kaspa000
Hey guys/ladies, I'm looking at having a pool installed in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has any idea how much a pool void cover is to hire aproximately for a 7x3.5m pool. Metricon have told me they won't work onsite untill it has one

Hi. What happened with a pool cover . We need to organise one and was horrified by the price. Our pool is 9 x 4

Hi dreanone, what was the price like? And what size is your pool?

I am looking at a 8 x2.6m pool. Wondering what cost ill be looking at!!

dreamh0me
kaspa000

Hi. What happened with a pool cover . We need to organise one and was horrified by the price. Our pool is 9 x 4
faykis

dreamh0me
kaspa000

Hi. Are you sitting down ??? $4200 for 26 weeks ( that is minimum period). A lot of companies I called don't do it anymore.

dreamh0me
faykis

dreamh0me
[quote="kaspa000"]Hey guys/ladies, I'm looking at having a pool installed in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has any idea how much a pool void cover is to hire aproximately for a 7x3.5m pool. Metricon have told me they won't work onsite untill it has one

Hi. Are you sitting down ??? $4200 for 26 weeks ( that is minimum period). A lot of companies I called don't do it anymore.

[/quote]

We got a builder / carpenter in and he did it for $3000. This way I don't need to worry about delays in the build and paying more for the pool cover . We got Eden Brae supervisor to come out and advise us beforehand.

We put wooden 9mm high beans across the width of the pool. Covered it with plastic sheeting and got a metal sheet stuck on it ( see photo)

dreamh0me
dreamh0me
faykis

[quote="dreamh0me"][quote="kaspa000"]Hey guys/ladies, I'm looking at having a pool installed in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has any idea how much a pool void cover is to hire aproximately for a 7x3.5m pool. Metricon have told me they won't work onsite untill it has one

[/quote]

We got a builder / carpenter in and he did it for $3000. This way I don't need to worry about delays in the build and paying more for the pool cover . We got Eden Brae supervisor to come out and advise us beforehand.

We put wooden 9mm high beans across the width of the pool. Covered it with plastic sheeting and got a metal sheet stuck on it ( see photo)

[/quote]
Did you have to use plywood? We have been told that by EBH that we need a minimum of 12mm ply sheets over the whole pool and that colourbond roofing sheets would not suffice. I have been trying to get more info out of them, but at this stage, that's all they're giving me. Bit ordinary when we start in 3 months time.

Related
5/12/2023
Frustration during Construction Phase

Building A New House

sorry wrong thread - deleted my post

20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum