Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Rules for disposal of cleanfill from pool

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Does anyone know the rules for disposing of the cleanfill from excavating for a pool?
I have someone who wants to take it but the pool company says you need special permits to dispose of cleanfill on a property. So they don't want to do it.
Neville S
Hi,
Does anyone know the rules for disposing of the cleanfill from excavating for a pool?
I have someone who wants to take it but the pool company says you need special permits to dispose of cleanfill on a property. So they don't want to do it.

Interesting... We required $8000 worth of fill to our site according to Metricon. We wanted to use the cleanfill from our pool excavation as part of this - pool guy was absolutely ok with this but Metricon argued that the quality of the fill might be compromised and refused to accept it.

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Most councils will require a DA to bring fill into a property. Normally most councils will only allow 1mt fill to a block before DA required. You would be better off contacting local council.

It is not so much the soil coming out of a property but the soil coming into one. If a house was going to be built over this soil it has to meet certain requirements - mostly for compacting and stability. You wouldn't for instance dig up clay from a pool then spread it over where you are going to build your house. Most soil brought in is sand or similar. compacts easily and is a stable platform to build on.
Whoever does the siteworks has to certify the quality of the fill and that it has been compacted properly usually every 100-150mm in depth.

Stewie
Related
20/02/2024
Renovation size rules help NSW

General Discussion

just ask council, most have a free service for this.

12/04/2024
Two kitchens in one house - planning rules

General Discussion

"is it exempt or do I need to get permission from council" Call your Council and ask them

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum