Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

What pool is best for clay soil?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

We are planning on constructing a pool at our new home and having difficulty deciding between concrete and fibreglass as both appeal to us in different ways.

Our site is about 2.5m of fill which is predominantly silty clay. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with constructing a pool with this soil type? I have read that clay is quite expansive and the movement in the soil can cause the pool to crack.

There seems to be conflicting information on the internet depending on whether it is coming from a concrete pool builder or fibreglass pool builder.

Thanks in advance
Related
18/01/2024
Soft clay in footing

Landscape & Garden Design

I've dug some footings to embed a post anchor into. My holes are around 450mm deep which I'll put a 200mm stirrup into. The bottom of these holes seem firm enough. …

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

12/07/2023
Soil against brick shed

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I'm in WA and our sandy soils make drainage a bit easier but this is what I'd be doing. Dig down to your footings and let the wall dry out. Clean it all well by brushing…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum