Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Question re temporary fencing

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Hoping someone can answer my question! We are putting in a fibreglass pool before our house is handed over. We are told that we will have to wait a few weeks before paving can go in (because of settlement?) and therefore we can't put our permanent fence up straight away. We're told therefore that we need temporary fencing.

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is permissible to cover the pool up (with planks??) rather than fence it? This would allow other contractors more straight forward access while work goes on.

If it is permissible does anyone know where I can source temporary cover in Perth and if its more expensive than temp fencing?

Thanks everyone!

Maggoe
You might want to check with your builder. Our pool came with a temporary fence for three months but they still insisted it had a hardcover. The pool builder was going to charge approx 1k to put one on but we just used some structural pine and marine ply sheets to make our own. It was a few hundred but I'll use the pine elsewhere and have already sold on a couple of the ply sheets.
Yes there is a platform system that can be put over a pool. There may be an issue of it being required immediately the shell goes in because it needs to be filled straight away to stop it popping out of the ground.
HI guys,

Thanks very much for the replies.

I really like the idea of doing it ourselves with structural pine and plywood. Our pool is very small, so this should be very doable (only 4.2 X 2.6). If you're in Perth Robbie I don't suppose you still have ply sheets to sell??

Mgilla I was thinking about that - can you see an issue with filling the pool etc but then just popping the hard cover on top?

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond!

Maggie.
I'd be wary of just covering a fibreglass shell - unfilled - and leaving it for weeks.

I love giving my Urban Myths thread a plug (see it is still going) but ... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62127&p=1247685#p1247685 ... you can have issues with FG shells in the ground with no water in them.
Hi Mike - that is some thread! Must have a proper read!

Can you see an issue with filling the pool with water and then popping lid on top?
We often do covers wit pine bearers & screw 2nd hand roof sheets to it
Cheap & effective
Best to make it strong enough for somone to walk on

Maggie10
Hi Mike - that is some thread! Must have a proper read!

Can you see an issue with filling the pool with water and then popping lid on top?

In a word, ... no ...

I'd probably tip in a bottle of that chlorine stuff - the pool shop has.
Related
15/06/2023
Duplexes with Temporary Underground Services

Building A New House

Hi JW I just read your post and I find this situation quite strange. When we build, we get a temp pole for construction which becomes the permanent pole for one of the…

30/09/2023
Temporary bracing for partition wall

General Discussion

Hi all, Not sure if this is a good place for this question but I guess we'll find out! I'm a novice, building a modular room inside my garage/shed and need to create…

25/09/2023
Invisible Channel Fix Glass Fencing

Pools & Spas

Need to remove glass panel out of concrete without wrecking the glass to get the spa room in, any recommendations on how to do that. Thank you

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum