Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Adjusting glass self closing gate

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

So I've recently renovated my pool and had a frameless glass pool fence installed. The gate is a glass self close gate however closes very very slowly. Anyone know how I can adjust this to speed it up? I think I need a pin type tool but not sure where I can get these from or use something else?

Cheers
Do you know what type (brand) of hinge you have?

Mine uses an allen key to adjust, 1 click each at a time.
Some have a screw driver slot in the top of the hinge, place the screw driver in and press down and rotate in the direction of the +.
If yours has a ring with about 5 holes in it and one of these has a small stainless pin in it then you don't need anything special. Find something small but strong that fits in the hole, an Allen key is good. With the gate closed put it in the hole closest the pin and you can rotate the ring, when you go half a turn you can remove the pin and put it in the next hole, continue untill the gate closes at a speed your happy with.
Have you asked the guys who installed it ?
thanks guys, don't know the brand but yes it is one with the 5 holes so will need find something that I can use as the pin.

Saint Mike it was a subcontractor through a pool builder who I don't even know the company's name! I have asked the pool builder but can take some time so thought it may be easier just to fix myself.
sco77k
thanks guys, don't know the brand but yes it is one with the 5 holes so will need find something that I can use as the pin.

Saint Mike it was a subcontractor through a pool builder who I don't even know the company's name! I have asked the pool builder but can take some time so thought it may be easier just to fix myself.

Hi - yeah - I wasn't being rude - but often people don't ask the people who do know. Its handy to have a neighbour with a pool fence too - they may know.
http://youtu.be/IS4PKiUwQJM

http://youtu.be/gDLnhn5ySoc
Related
22/04/2024
Door not closing properly but I have a fixed hinge

Windows & Doors

My door tends to rub against the frame during winter and I'm looking to fix it so it closes smoothly. Looking online on Youtube I'm seeing methods to fix the alignment and…

18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

25/11/2023
Brick pier with swing gate on a lean

General Discussion

I should have followed up on this thread. So, the pier foundation wasn't large enough on the side it was leaning towards, and the NBN cable went through the pier, just…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum