Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Looking for recomendation/advice on cost of pool Brisbane

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We are looking at having a fibreglass pool installed next year and wanted any feedback/recommendations on companies, and also some indication on the cost.
We are looking at a rectangular 3-4m by 8 m fibreglass pool, with a few extras such as lighting and waterfall feature. Could anyone give an idea on the cost for this? WE would also want the paving surrounding the pool to be completed by the company.
I have been looking at Narellan pools, compass pools and leisure pools. We like the desgn of the leisure pool products best, but would like to hear from anyone who had positive/negative experinces with any of these companies.
As stated we are in the Brisbane/Ipswich area.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
hi I haven't built or anything yet but I got a price of 27k for a pool, paving and fencing package from environ pools. that was for a kidney shape though
overwhelmed83
hi I haven't built or anything yet but I got a price of 27k for a pool, paving and fencing package from environ pools. that was for a kidney shape though

Wow - $27k all up ? How big was it ?
Hi - we have been recently looking at pool prices and fiberglass V concrete. An 8 x 4m pool will cost around the $28 - $30k, compass pools came in at $33k - this is before any additional paving/concreting.

I have read some bad reviews on Leisure pools, so have a google on them. We have decided to go with a concrete pool because essentially the are the same price but have a better sales point when we decide to see our house.

I have looked at many pool companies over the past 6 weeks and they can vary in terms of what you get for your money. Some may seem cheap but due to the quality of filtration/pump etc you may be paying more in the long run.

You also need to be aware of the excavation allowance. This is where the budget can get out of control, make sure your company gives you a realistic dig allowance, that way you will less likely pay more money.

Kellie
Hey eb01vm,
Did you end up using Leisure Pools? We're on the Gold Coast and considering using them because we like the design of their pools, etc. But I really worry about all of the negative posts; admittedly, many are from interstate, but still .... Would appreciate any feedback you may have?
You could check Compass Pools on the net. They are OK.
Saint Mike
You could check Compass Pools on the net. They are OK.

Thanks Saint Mike. I haven't yet gotten a quote from Compass because from reading people's posts on this forum, they seem significantly more expensive. But I guess getting a quote and listening to the spiel can't hurt! Thanks again.
I have had good experience with these guys. I recommend contacting them with any questions you have. Their advice is valuable. These guys are good at pool designs, concrete pools, in-ground and above ground pools, water features and landscape. They construct pools in Gold Coast and Brisbane areas. http://concretepoolsgoldcoast.com.au
We decided to go with Compass even though they were significantly more expensive. Now I am really starting to regret it.
Worst communication I have had in building.

How did everyone's pools go in the end?
Related
29/03/2024
Contour and indentifying survey cost - brisbane

General Discussion

Give "Holt Surveying" they are based around Eight Mile Plains

31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum