Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Hidden costs after signing contract help

Page 1 of 1
We signed up with syd pool builder. 3 referrals from friends so we decided to go ahead. During the contract stage and the drawing stage we told the pool builder the we had sewer lines on the external part of our lot. We were assumed that all was ok we were 1m off the fence and all is good. Now all of a sudden they want to hit us with syd water peg out at $1300. No letters just pay over the the phone to proceed. We are angry because we made this clear at contract signing. We are now wondering what other hidden costs we will get hit with. The builder is a well know large concrete pool builder.

We have a budget and the "sales" has now become rude and unwilling to discuss in fact he has now become outright rude.

Help advice. I now regret signing up for a pool.
Unfortunately many pool builders don't disclose all possible costs. They will point out you signed the contract which allows them to charge whatever that like. I have had 3 peg outs in the last 2 weeks they cost under $600
Dear Lot917

Exactly the same thing happened to us. This sewer line was on the property. When the pool was desined we wern;t consulted and it was drawn up and lodged prior to us checking it.
We started to think what else is going to come up as we are building as well so need to keep to some sought of budget.
I ended up telling them we want to cancel and to refund all monies immeditately - they sent someone else out for another meeting with a senior person from the company. We sat down and designed a pool to fit the area and suit what we want to achieve.
Pool was also meant to be going in prior to house construction, well house has begun this week so a little disppointed about that.

I wonder if its the same pool a company ???
Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

12/06/2023
Concrete slab formwork - what happens after?

General Discussion

The concreter will take and reuse. In my case I bought structural LVLs and scraped them back and used them as joists.

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum