Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Final Level Of Pool according to Australian Standard???

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Could please somebody explain me the definition in the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1839:1994 about the Final Level of the Pool:

Final level of pool …The finished pool shall be level to within 1/225 of the overall length of the wall being considered up to a maximum of 1/300 of the overall length (l) of the pool.

I am trying to understand this definition in regards to our own pool as there is a max. height difference from water level to upper pool shell of 30mm. The total length of the pool is 8.5m.

Thanks.
Timo
Hi

This definition is referring to the wall being horizontally level, not to the height of the wall or the water level. So for a wall of length 8.5m, it is permissible for one end of the wall to be up to 37mm higher than the other (1/225 of 8500mm). Any more and the wall does not meet the standard.

If the wall being considered is shorter than the length of the pool then the requirements may be more demanding.

Paul
with a fibreglass pool the coping to water level max difference is 25mm
cheers andrew
any installer who puts a pool in that far out of plum should retire irespective of standard or not. The average shells i work on are + / - 3mm from plum. The install should well exceed the standard. Come up with every excuse under the sun, bad shell, subsidence etc all an absolute bag of bull****.
Does anyone have a link of copy of AS1839 standard? The only copy online you have to pay for... ?

I was just wondering how much bowing is acceptable on a fibreglass pool? From the installation that is, how far can they bow along the long edge when installed? As our bows at least 30mm inwards, it's 9 metres long and my tiler is trying to work out how to get around this as he doesn't want 30-40mm of tile sitting over the edge. 40mm on the outer ends would get us 10mm in the centre, but tiler reckons 40mm would be pretty extreme.

cheers!
Related
20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum