Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Fiberglass Pool in Perth (WA)

Page 1 of 1
Based on personal experience, who would you recommend for fiberglass pool in Perth?

I did some research and tried to compare the four companies that have fiberglass pool that fit my requirement (size wise, I can fit up to 6m*3m).

Went through some check lists to see if someone has something extra to offer, however I would like to know what people think from their own experience with any one of the above companies?

My understanding that all 4 have some things in common that they offer, such as "Build to Australian Standards 1838", "Made in WA to Suit Local Conditions", "Fully Matched Laminate System – prevents de-lamination".

Of course, there are some features that not listed for all suppliers.
Do all of them provide "Lifetime warranty"? Barrier Reef only says "35 years"?

However, Barrier Reef provides "Fixed Price Contract". I don't see this for any others...
What other unexpected cost can you come against while installing the pool?

All companies offer "Pool ColourGuard" - is it an extra feature and how much does it cost? Is it worth the money?

The bottom line is I want to know who offers quality pools with some extra features, without major dramas and not extremely overpriced.

Think of it as "What would you do if it was your money"
we never used any of those companies, but another one.
we shopped around and got price lists of things that were extra, and the company we went with had a special on that included some of them.
i would read very carefully what the 'fixed price' includes with Barrier, as there is no guarantee what is below ground when they start digging....and if there is rock and extra euquipment is needed, this is charged for on a per hr basis, very hard to determine prior if/how long that equipment would be needed.
Dont know about the lifetime thing...i thought it was 35 years for the shell [obviously not the pumps and chlorinators]

all up ours cost about $35000. That is the jump in and swim price - so fencing, and we put down poured limestone [LOVE THAT] all around it too....and our pool was a 7m x 4m going from 1.2m - 2m in depth.

we loved ours.....never regreted a cent of it....
Does anyone else has anymore feedback?
Does anyone else has anymore feedback?
Hi AubinGroveFan,

Just curious, but why did you decide on a fibreglass pool compared to a concrete pool?
Tome
Hi AubinGroveFan,

Just curious, but why did you decide on a fibreglass pool compared to a concrete pool?

20k opposite to 45k.
Fair enough, thank you.
We are looking at going down fiberglass too. The main reason is cost but there are some other good reasons I read in another post.

Looking at about 19k from Freedom.

Still getting other quotes though.
Anyone else got any recommendations for pool places in Perth?
Barnsee,
it was freedom we did ours thru a couple of years ago. couldnt fault them.
Barnseee
We are looking at going down fiberglass too. The main reason is cost but there are some other good reasons I read in another post.

Looking at about 19k from Freedom.

Still getting other quotes though.
Anyone else got any recommendations for pool places in Perth?

approx what size is that - for 19k?
Lagoona 6.5 x 3
http://www.freedompools.com/Lagoona.aspx

And it came with all these extra, LED lighting, Elite Cover and roller, cant remember the other extras but it totalled about 6k.
Seemed like a really good deal.

What sort of extras are worth getting?
Leisure Pools
Leisure Pools have a wide range of quality fibreglass pools that suit almost anyone's lifestyle and their budget! A pool can make a backyard come together and be a great asset to your home. Come and check out our range at http://www.leisurepoolsonline.com and start your journey towards the ultimate lifestyle of luxury.

Unfortunately, your cheapest pool is about 10k more expensive than any other of the same size and features.
Don't see what Leisure Pools' tub can do what others can't.
That was the main thing that turned us away from you. Pool with you does feel like a luxury (price wise) and not something that some people can afford.
We've just signed a contract with Riverina. The Grenada 7m x 3.7m for $21K with $5K of "free" extras. They look great quality and the price is very good.
http://www.wafibreglass.com.au/fibreglass- WA fibreglass pools review - good install, good after sales service

We decided to go with WA fibreglas mainly because we felt the most confident with them as our access is a bit bad due to powelrlines on either side of of our property and that we are about to build a garage were the only access to the back of the property and needed it to be installed quickly. All our quotes were similar.

The salesmans said he had over 30 years experience and guaranteed that the access would not be a problem, he came around and we marked out the property, the size of the pool fitted perfectly allowing adequate access around the pool and to the rest of the yard.

Well they organised everything and the pool was ready to be installed about 4 to 5 weeks after signing. The day comes and the guys come to dig the hole. They installed the pool that day and completed the plumbing up the following day.

They loaned me the temporary fence and the kids jumped in as soon as they could, the install went easy and in before my garage which was great as the pool would have been a lot more difficult to install after.

Great job, great service.

Rich
2.5 years down the line and still happy with my pool, maintenance has really been easy with the fibre glass pool and salt water chlorination system

A couple of weeks a go we had our first real hot day in months, the pool was over worked and the chlorinator run first mos of the day, the next day the timer display module had packed up on it.

Checked with WA Fibreglass pools and it was 6 months out of warranty, bugger.

I asked how much a replacement unit would cost, normally they be around the $700-$1000 mark as I have been checking them out, they phoned their supplier, spoke to the right person and organised a new better unit free of charge.

I'm stoked, in the current market I did not really want to be blowing $1000 just before Christmas.

I'm very pleased with their service even after 2.5 years after the pool install they stepped up and helped out.

Cheers
Rich
Does anyone have any recent feedback on these companies for WA fibreglass pools?

We have received quotes from the following companies and there is a quite a spread in prices even when you adjust for inclusions. Wondering where's the catch before we sign anything!

Buccaneer
Riverina
Sapphire
Aqua Technics
Freedom pools
Factory pools
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/08/2023
In-ground pool lining

Pools & Spas

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this post correctly. Please advise if it's not. I've just bought my place. The inground pool has a marble lining that has…

25/01/2024
Plants for Pool in Melbourne

Landscape & Garden Design

Murraya could be a great option for you. It creates a great tall screening hedge but doesn't drop fruit like lily pilly. The flowers smell divine.

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum