Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Ceramic fiberglass pools

Page 1 of 1
We are looking at pools and C0mpass pools have ceramic fibreglass pools which if you believe the salesman is a much better quality fibreglass pool. Does anyone have any experience with this type of pool and is it worth the extra $$$? With the ceramic pool, you can get a self-cleaning system. Are these any good and are they worth the money?
the compas sales reps are very good at their jobs. The material used is a thin layer between vinal ester & fibreglas the material used is similar to filler putty used to repair cars. they call it ceramic. I'm not sure of benifits if any but do know the are more brittle than traditional f/glass pool. Most fibreglass pool companies now offer infloor cleaning .In floor only vacuum's your pool. you still need to clean the filter , empty baskets & check ph etc. it isnt a no maintanance pool.
i personally think your beter to buy a good auto cleaner or paying somone to fully maintain your pool,The $10 000 could be better spent elsewhere
We have installed a compass x-trainer pool and we love it! We have the composite pool, I think that is the same as what you are describing. We also included the infloor cleaning, it is amazing! We wouldn't have a pool without it now. The extra cost also extends the warranty to something like 20 years (I think, from memory!) We are really pleased with our pool.
Related
12/12/2023
Water pools against house in one spot

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Thanks for the advice mate. I'm on it.

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum