Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Reputable Pool Companies in Perth

Page 2 of 2
Oh dear, that doesn't sound good.

They were starting to sound like a pretty good company up until now. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but thank you for your input.

Hopefully more people can pass on their reponses.
Hi everyone, we're in the process of getting quotes for a pool, very unnerving as don't know who to trust or if they are telling the truth about costs involved. Aqua technics came round to site survey and never bothered to provide a quote. I Went round to remind him and he promised he would by the end of the weekend, 3 weeks later ... surprise surprise...no quote.
I really don';t know how these business get away with working so unprofessionally......
I have had two friends who have used Instyle Pools in the last 3 years and both were really disappointed with the quality and service. Both of their border tiles fell off, one friend had to have all theirs re-glued and Instyle only did it after they were threatended with legal action...stay away!!
Avoid this company and their subsidiary – Instyle Pools. This company and their staff are absolutely hopeless. The majority of their tradespeople have no idea what they are doing. We experienced a comedy of errors with our pool build and they still can’t finish off the pool two years after the house was completed. The entire experience has been dreadful and really ruined the experience of building and moving into our new home. Concrete was poured 90mm out of level so they had to cut it down making a hell of a mess. Then they “forgot” to put in the pipes for the water feature so we had to forgo that. Then they said the pipes did not have to be pressure tested before pouring the concrete surround and then two months later when the pool was filled and the water level kept falling the pipes were tested and found to have leaks. Two returns cannot be connected because they won’t hold any pressure. Problem is they are now under the concrete and Instyle won’t repair them. The quartz finish inside the pool has footprints all over it that will not come off. The lights only work for a month or so and then fail because they weren’t installed properly and keep filling with water. The plumbing around the pump and filter looks like the installer threw the pipes over his head and just glued them where they fell. I was complaining one day at the local pool shop when buying some chemicals and the guy asked what company. When I told him he laughed because he used to work for them. After the 6th time they had sent him out to do a handover of supposedly “finished” pools that were barely started he decided he would be best to find a more organised employer. On our build they sent the electrician out 4 times to install the lights and everytime he turned up the lights were not on site. In the end he gave up and purchased them himself and installed them on the fifth visit. My advice is go with a small reputable company and get references and speak to people who have had pools built by them. We did not check this out but as soon as we started to have problems and talked to people we met literally dozens of people who had a very bad experience with Instyle and Aquatic Leisure Technologies. Don’t be duped by all the expensive advertising and fancy brochures. This company is not professional, is totally disorganised, and their staff constantly turnover once they discover what a useless company it is.
Well after 2 years and multiple emails and threats of legal action Instyle have finally come out and rectified the problems. To be honest they have done a really good job and were most generous in fixing the issues. They replaced all the faulty lights, fixed the plumbing, emptied the pool and did a thorough acid wash and then refilled and balanced. Pool looks great. Lights look great. Filter is also working GREAT. They even provided a Pandora electronic cleaner for free for the trouble we have had and it works fantastic. I am now satisfied with our pool. Aquatic Leisure Technologies appear to be working hard to resurrect their reputation.
everyone try and avoid sapphire pools. Terrible company, so much stress and for nothing. They just told us what we wanted to hear to sign us up and then they couldnt deliver on anything but when we tried to cancel the contract they claimed that due to a clause in the contract we owe them 35%. After legal advice they dropped it but they sent many nasty emails. They want money for nothing and will lie and do anything to get it. I would never use Sapphire pools but if you still feel like you want to go with them make sure you make them put absolutely everything in the contract even when they say it isnt necessary and make sure all phone calls and converstations are in writing as they are hopeless
Hi

I recently had a fibreglass sunrise put in by Bay Pools Rockingham.

Got to be completely honest not the experience I was hoping for.

My pool went in a week ago and I am now backfilling with sand daily and counting down the days until I can have the poured limestone done to stop the sand.

The price was the best around and the salesman was a typical salesman told me what I wanted to hear.

The evening before my pool went in I was contacted to be advised that I would need boards to save my garden lawn from being damaged he advised they could provide but there woiuld be a cost $400. I was very dissappointed again another hidden cost...I was also left with very little time to source boards 8pm at night...So I decided against it and to be honest I wish I had paid it now. The guys arrived at 6am and the work commenced, (the guys were pleasant enough) but my garden is completey ruined where the bobcat has been.

The pool has been in a week now and I am having my handover soon so I will keep you informed on the progress but inital experience not great.

Hope this is helpful?
Hmmm... Doesn't look like any of the pool companies are good. All of them have problems and issues and in very rare cases customers are going home happy with the product... Makes you think once more if there is a point of installing the pool (even though you really want one)...
I am a swimming pool inspector that has been working in the Perth swimming pool industry for over 20 years and have seen pool companies come and go.. The well established companies on the whole are pretty good.

Here are a few good questions to ask your salesman?

1. How much is soil/sand/rock tipping?
2. Will the bobcat or crane destroy or make marks on my driveway or pavers?
3. Does the pool company compact around my pool in prep for pavers?
4. Do you supply Temporary Fencing?
5. Who is liable for death (drowning) during construction?

Here are few conversations I have had over the years with customers.

Customer 1.
"Aqua Technics encouraged us to hire paving protection boards. We thought it was a money making thing... it ended up costing us $800 to fix our driveway from the damage of the Crane and the Bobcat, not to mention the loss of our $500 verge bond to the council."

Customer 2.
"Our Sapphire supervisor gave us a number for Consolidation Enterprises to get our pencil compaction done. We received a quote from them to compact around our pool, we also called a few other companies who provided the same service. We found a guy who was a little cheaper and would "beat any quote". After he "compacted" OUR PAVERS SUNK around the pool it cost us $1500 AT OUR OWN COST (the contractor wanted nothing to do with it). We had to take up the pavers, recompact the pool and relay the pavers."

Customer 3.
"We received a $5000 FINE from the council for putting up our temporary fence too late...... AHHHHH"

I have found that although there are some "dodgie" fibreglass swimming pools in Perth there are so many more contractors that provide Pencil Compaction, Temporary Fencing and Paving Board Protection that cause so much pain in the industry..

Most of the large pool companies (and I) recommend Consolidation Enterprises... do your research for yourself and ask the right questions. CHEAPEST IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST
can someone recommend (price and quality) any pool company - someone who has recently installed pool
[quote="CC101"]can someone recommend (price and quality) any pool company - someone who has recently installed pool
Add A Splash Pools, in the industry 28 years. 9452 2422. On instagram and Facebook. Have won many awards through SPASA WA.

Not a recent install but we used Barrier Reef Mandurah 2 years ago.

Could not fault the service.

When the cladding came off our water feature in December they sent someone to fix it with no trouble.

Cost was about $25k for a 5.5 X 3.5m including glass fence water feature eco pump and in ground blanket roller.
I am also looking for a reputed pool company for making a pool in my garden and thinking about the total cost, I really want to thanks to Mckelvie for sharing the equipment of pool with price. It helps me a lot.
I used Riverina pools almost 2 years ago.
I installed 4.5x2.5 with an automated chlorinator and and eco pump, pool cleaner, thermal blanket and roller, heating provision, water feature provision & spa jets. Total cost was just over 23k.
Great service and smooth installation.
I could have gone with the next size pool for only 500 but i havent got enough room.
I would use them again.
I’m currently having a fibre glass pool installed. I live in Perth have had a dreadful time with Sapphire Pools. They are a subsidiary of Aqua leisure a much larger company. They subcontract a lot of their work. When my pool was installed the site supervisor did not attend. When he was around he was very rude. I’ve had issues with poor levelling and a retaining wall adjacent to the pool. I signed the contract in September and it doesn’t look like we’ll be swimming in it before Xmas. I hope others have not had to go through what we’ve been through. Just be careful when signing up that you are clear about all the potentially hidden costs.
A lot of too-ing and fro-ing to agree on the price. Then one day after signing contract, they send out an email advertising a free water feature. Big promises of rectifying, and the sales rep "will look after you". Never heard a word from him, and the company kept their head in the sand. Said it would have affected the price, so in fact it wasn't free at all! The install was dismal, the site manager was nowhere to be seen, and couldn't even get him on the phone. If it wasn't for the friendly bob cat driver, who knew a mate to get through the limestone, I would have been out of pocket big time. Then they installed the piping the incorrect way, so the return flow was coming through the heating piping. Then they forgot to install the heating pipes through to the house. Then they didn't tighten up another pipe, so on the start up day, there was water bursting everywhere. No follow up, no calls, no anything once they have your signature. Please..please... save yourself a lot of heartache, and go elsewhere......
Related
17/03/2024
Any reputable custom builder in lake macquarie area

Building A New House

It is in lake macquarie area and dimensions are width 14 m and depth 8 m and the slope is 1/5 going down from the road.

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/08/2023
In-ground pool lining

Pools & Spas

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this post correctly. Please advise if it's not. I've just bought my place. The inground pool has a marble lining that has…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum