Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Pool Company recommendations, Melbourne

Page 1 of 2
Hi

I'm just wondering which Melbourne pool companies are the most trustworthy to deal with? I have read a lot of bad things about them and don't want to get caught out. I thought I better get some people opinions before I sign up. thanks

regards, Andrew
Hi, I'm new here and have been reading and reading, and I was about to start a new thread asking exactly the same question, when I saw this thread...
Has anybody had a great experience where they would recommend a company that do good fibreglass pool installations??
Does anybody know of any horror stories where we should stay away??

We are wanting a 9m pool installed with all the usual (ie. solar heating, salt water, etc).
We live about 45 mins north of Melbourne.

We have had some quotes already and they have varied by up to $20K!! So confusing, so much choice... We were hoping to spend no more than somewhere in the low $30K (not including paving, fencing)
My friend installed a pool from Reef pools years ago in Craigieburn and she's happy with it. She shopped around and found they were really price competitive.

http://reefpools.net/
We bought our pool in kit form from Summerset Pools and Spas. They gave us some names of their installers and we rang and organised one to do the job for us (and he in turn organised everything - dig, water, temp fence etc etc). Pool was installed solar ready and we then got someone else (Sun Solar in Eltham) to install it.

We bought a Conquest Pool which is made in Shepparton, a friend of mine bought directly from them and they arranged everything for her (funnily enough we both ended up having the same installer).

http://www.summersetpoolsandspas.com.au/

http://www.conquestpools.com.au/
Friend of mine just completed build with Lazaway. The amount of problems he had was unbelieveable. It got to a point where they finished the shell and said 'ok we'll be back in 3 months to finish it' He had no recourse as he'd paid the majority of payments. In the end he finally got some money back from them and contracted another mob to complete it! He still has issues with the solar not running right, leaking, etc.
PJ pools have a good rep but very pricey...
Www.australiankitpoolsales@live.com.au
Cheers Andrew
Have used PJ Pools in Dandenong but would not recommend them. Took a lot longer than indicated and found them difficult to deal with.
Lazaway are notorious and if you have had a bad experience then that is typical. Do your research on this company and then use anyone else, absolutely anyone else but never use Lazaway. If you have write to Consumer Affairs to formally complain.

nine2eight
Friend of mine just completed build with Lazaway. The amount of problems he had was unbelieveable. It got to a point where they finished the shell and said 'ok we'll be back in 3 months to finish it' He had no recourse as he'd paid the majority of payments. In the end he finally got some money back from them and contracted another mob to complete it! He still has issues with the solar not running right, leaking, etc.
PJ pools have a good rep but very pricey...
We ended up going with Leisure Pools from Wangaratta/Benalla. The pool has been in for over 12 months now so looking forward to some warm weather to start using it again. I would no way, never recommend them. We had a lot of problems, mainly to do with ****** and never turning up when they had promised to. Unfinished work which only got completed after 9 months of nagging and eventually we absolutely cracked it and then some work got done. We rang the head office and they weren't interested in helping either. Anyway, it all got finished, eventually. Have put it down to a bad experience...
Shane from Cantwell pools is doing mine and I am very happy.
My 7 month old salt chlorinator stopped working, so I used the Pool Werx dot com excellent online live customer service to get it repaired under warranty. When there was a problem after reinstalling the fixed unit, during the Christmas holidays, I was told to contact the technician direct, so I could solve the problem quickly. Rachael, the Marketing/Services Manager, Anthony the technician were on holiday, yet stayed in touch constantly to help me solve my problems. This is an amazing company, with incredible people, truly committed to helping the customer. I've never had better service, from any company, for any product. For me, service is the key to choosing a company for pool equipment and products, and Pool Werx's service is absolutely perfect. BTW, for anyone that hasn't switched their pool over to a salt chlorinator, you are really missing out. Before using the chlorinator, I had to vacuum my pool at least once a week, with algae build up, and the chlorine irritated our eyes and dried out our hair . Now we only have to vacuum once a month, and the chlorine in the very mildly tasting salt water is undetectable to my senses of smell and taste, doesn't bother our eyes. Saltwater pools are the best!

prod28
Hi, I'm new here and have been reading and reading, and I was about to start a new thread asking exactly the same question, when I saw this thread...
Has anybody had a great experience where they would recommend a company that do good fibreglass pool installations??
Does anybody know of any horror stories where we should stay away??

We are wanting a 9m pool installed with all the usual (ie. solar heating, salt water, etc).
We live about 45 mins north of Melbourne.

We have had some quotes already and they have varied by up to $20K!! So confusing, so much choice... We were hoping to spend no more than somewhere in the low $30K (not including paving, fencing)
I am currently having my pool renovated by PJ Pools and am not a happy customer. The contract was signed in July 2011 and quoted 6-8 weeks for completion, as at the 12 January 2012 I am still waiting for my pool to be finished. I have so far not been satisfied with some aspects of the workmanship however the supervisor does rectify any issues I do raise. I just want my pool finished as quoted in the contract.
We bought a conquest pool from Summerset and had it installed by one of their recommended installers. What a nightmare. Support from the Sales rep at conquest is non existent, summerset are disgusting once they have your money. Some of the components of our pool didnt get shipped and they wouldnt even bother to return our emails and we had to go and buy the components. The installer did such a lousy job its buldigng everywhere and after being in less than a year we now need to have the whole thing dug up and re-done. We told the installer of the issue and just got a screw you email back from him, very Nice. About to take him to VCAT to pay for the repairs
Leisure pools (make sure Rob is the installer, the best fibreglass pool i have worked on in 14 yrs)

Baden pools ( tell them Troy from Da Vinci sent you) ask for Bruce or Luke

or

To save heaps of cash but get the headaches go owner builder
We are having our pool renovated by P J Pools, I would highly recommend that you DO NOT use them. I have never come across a company that obviously have such disregard for their clients. We signed a contract in August, to start in September, and complete the pool within 4-5 weeks (which made it November). It is now late January and they still haven't finished. No one returns your call when you ring to find out what is happening - from the top staff down.
I found that Pool Service Austin through internet. I think that it’s reliable and trustworthy.
davinci
Leisure pools (make sure Rob is the installer, the best fibreglass pool i have worked on in 14 yrs)

Baden pools ( tell them Troy from Da Vinci sent you) ask for Bruce or Luke

or

To save heaps of cash but get the headaches go owner builder

Owner builder??????? whats involved in that?
hi there, i just had a pool built by Lazaway in Rowville, and must say that it was the best decision we made, the process was seamless, within two weeks of the contract being signed they started work, everyday for the first 8 days there was someone in our backyard putiing pipes in, concrete, steeling and digging the hole.
once we had concrete the solar went on the garage roof and the top paving stones were laid and the tiles on the top of the water done, the only problem we had was getting the fence.
From go to whoa it was 8 weeks and now we are looking forward to using the pool from now on.
i would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a pool, the salesman was excellent and explained everything to us, inlike others who we had around.
thebradleys+1
hi there, i just had a pool built by Lazaway in Rowville, and must say that it was the best decision we made, the process was seamless, within two weeks of the contract being signed they started work, everyday for the first 8 days there was someone in our backyard putiing pipes in, concrete, steeling and digging the hole.
once we had concrete the solar went on the garage roof and the top paving stones were laid and the tiles on the top of the water done, the only problem we had was getting the fence.
From go to whoa it was 8 weeks and now we are looking forward to using the pool from now on.
i would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a pool, the salesman was excellent and explained everything to us, inlike others who we had around.

Hmm... sounds like a company rep lol
Has anyone heard of or used Cool Pools of Melbourne?
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum