Join Login
Building ForumPools & Spas

Astral Viron equilibrium EQ25 salt cell failed: buy online?

Page 1 of 1
Hi.

I've got an Astral EQ25 Viron Equilibrium unit. I've had it since 2015 and it has been completely trouble-free. Two days ago it said "low salt - zero CL output" - despite there being plenty of salt. Unfortunately, so my pool shop local tells me, the cell has failed - and the plates have corroded enough that it isn't surprising that my output finally failed.

Anyway - on this advice, my pool store person said "you need a new cell - we can sell you one for $680". I nearly fell over. It's some plastic and some metal.

Online, I've found a heap of stores that seem to sell the genuine part for between $340 and $440.

Question: which stores are reputable? Whom should I buy off, online? Who should I avoid? I'm in Brisbane.

Thank you.

z
I would suggest you use the official AstralPool's dealer locater to find the dealer they have a partnership with that might be more reputable.
Related
19/05/2023
Compact Toilet/Powder - Where to Buy

Bathrooms and Laundry

Looking at some of the designs on websites, they are all selling very similar products. I get that you want something stylish. It's worth looking for search terms like SaveH2O…

You are here
Building ForumPools & Spas
Home
Pros
Forum