Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

First Home Build - HGWA

Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone! My partner and I are currently building our first home with HomeGroup WA. We have just done our prestart, where we came across our first hiccup.

We have put a window where our glass splashback should be in or kitchen, but have found out the space around it, is quite larger than what we first thought.

Our options is either put glass around which would mean 4 separate pieces. Obviously meaning you will see 4 cuts of the glass (not ideal) Or we put tiles around. We have put white subway tiles in our scullery and laundry but I’m not sure whether this will go with our kitchen.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what did you do?

I have attached copies of our plans, what our kitchen colours are and some of the designs I have found.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

This is our kitchen and the exact colours we are using

Hi, we considered going with a window within the splash back, and checked out a couple of displays etc. Personally I would use tiles around the window and also tile the reveals. The feature after all is the window itself, so not sure if the glass surrounds would add that much extra visual appeal?

Anything you can save on the cosmetic upgrades is great to instead put into performance & comfort such as double glazed windows, better insulation, roof sarking etc.

Being your first build, I would also consider paying for independent inspections as the key slab and frame stages.

Good luck with your build. We’re onto our second and it can be fun but also painful at times!
I would suggest increasing the window size to take up the entire space so you don't need any other splashback.

Any splashback material on this sort of area will have messy joins and edges.

Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum