Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks

Wall & glass splash back the same colour?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all
I have now been informed I can have my original choice of paint Hymes Oak Buff. But now I see it is neally the same as the Dulux Royal Beige glass splash back. Not my original plan to have them the same.

Do you think the glass splash back would look odd or a waist to have it the same colour as the walls. Most people have it as a colour feature of their kitchen, what do you think?

Thanks
KW...........
I personally would go for a contrasting colour as the walls, and now after living with our splashback think the colour we originally thought would come through the glass may have been a bit dull

Have you considered being daring and going a red colour???
I think it could look quite nice as long as the two colours don't clash. How similar are they? Do they have the same undertone?
I prefer them as a feature, but remember a feature doesn't have to be so out there that it smacks you in the face
Thanks people

Paula I was hoping to hear from you, hope all is well. I had a look at your splash back in the pix. I now am back to Oak Buff paint as I like it. They changed to Wattyl so I chose a wall colour I did not really like and a splash back that suited it. Now I can have the Oak buff, I see the splash back is the bloody same colour.
I’m on my second Valium and its not beer O, clock yet. Ow the pain of it all.

Paula what colour is your splash back if I may kindly ask? As you have the Oak buff walls also. Thanks.

My current splash back is DULUX Beige Royal full strength.
Will try to scan it to show you guys as I know you are better than me at this stuff.

Lissane,

I agree, that’s the point of having it, to stand out, break up the cabinets etc. I’ve got Loft Oak cabinets, that’s a parbury product.

B.a. D. Home

Check them out and tell me what you think, I feel they are to much the same.

Thanks to all for your interest & support.

Regards

KW...........
Hi KW,

We are mostly all settled in now and loving it!!!

You will love the oak buff, I was pleased when I read you could still have it.

Ok, our splashback was 'grand piano' which is a latte type colour but came out with the green tinge due to the glass (we didn't even realise an upgrade was an option ) I like our splashback now and really do think if it came through how it should of it would have looked a bit bland.

I would look at changing your splashback colour (what colour are your benchtops again?) and I know I am harping on it but I could see red working well. Abbey_aj (another fellow NBG build) is having a splashback called capsicum red which is a stunning colour. Check out the early pages in her thread and see what you think.

Another option is to stick with them same tones but change the splashback colour slightly so you will get a contrast but it will still blend in nicely.

Just a bit of food for thought
Paula

Blanko City is the stone bench top. Yes Im happy with the Oak Buff, it seems a popular color. Not cream, not beige, not grey but its a mix of them all, so I like the safe colours.

I had a chat to the very helpful people at stegbar. Yes you do get a bit of green, the lighter the color the more you notice it. Im for what you said just a bit darker a tan, coffee, brown. Did you choose a colour from the display wall or from the book? If you do it from the book you can put the glass over it, but, it still will be different due to the paint process, the guy told me. I think yours is fine.

KW..........
Related
27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Splashbacks
Home
Pros
Forum