Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Induction cooktop

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

After some reviews on induction cooktops. Would love to hear about the good and the not so good! Thanks!! I have tried searching but haven't found much on here.

Cheers
I have a Siemens Induction cooktop and love it. Anything in particular you want to know re induction?

I have this model- http://www.siemens-home.com.au/productl ... EH975SZ17E
I have never used one but I think its cool.
I've had two induction cooktops now and wouldn't have anything else. It's easier to control temperature than normal electric and easier to clean than gas hobs. The only thing that was a bit strange at first was the ramping noise when you first turn a plate on and that I had to get new saucepans.

From what I have experienced so far, I am definitely purchasing an induction cooktop for our new home. The negative aspect I can think of (at the moment) is the price. However over time, pricing will gradually become competitive. The two main factors which play a huge part in my decision is cleaning and heating efficiency of an induction.
You can buy a small induction cooktop from Kmart for $49 and try it out. I have one in my butlers pantry and I use it a lot more than my gas stove. It heats up much quicker and is easier to clean.

Recently I started using it with a cast iron pan, and it's fantastic - heats up so fast!

We had a GE Induction Cooktop for the past 5 years. It was fantastic! (You just need to use magnetic stainless steel pans or cast iron).

We recently moved into a new home, gas range.

I miss induction. Easier cleanup. Faster time to boil water. No worries about natural gas "mishaps" (CO poisioning, accidental leaks, etc).

Induction is really fantastic.
2 things you have to consider with your induction cooktops, a) the control and b) the size of zones.

If you like twistpad, you go for NEFF,

If you prefer slider, the option are single slider, double slider, multi slider. I would not recommend a cooktop with a single slider, you have to tap too many times. The best are cooktops with multisliders, meaning one slider for each zone. They are more expensive cooktops but much easier to use.

The next thing is, what size of cookzones do you need and how many. If you hav already fry pans and pots usable on induction, you have to measure the bottom and top rim diameter. It is no point to buy a cooktop when your 32cm fry pan doesn't fit.

You have to look at the wattage of each zone. It will take forever if you want to boil a pot of water on a zone with only 1200W.

You should try the sliders before you buy. Don't buy any cheap brand, they are rubbish. AEG, Siemens, Bosch, Neff, Miele are fine.
Related
25/03/2024
900MM Cooktop over a 600MM built in oven

Building A New House

My daughter and son in law are about to start building, they are having a 600mm induction cook top and 900mm oven. It's personal preferance >

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum