Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

SMEG Appliances

Page 1 of 1
Hi

I purchased a number of SMEG appliances in 2012 for my new kitchen

Cooktop, Oven, Conventional Oven, Range hood. Most or all the products have had their computer sytems changed and number of parts changed. I am not sure if anyone else out there has had the same issue. These appliances are not cheap, while SMEG service is very good I believe the products are sub standard!!! I have owned westinghouse in the past and have not had all these issues before. I am wasting so much out of work time to attend to service calls. So if you are considering buying SMEG please be aware as I have spoken to a number of people who have claimed issues with their SMEG appliances.
Today I have been told I need to replace the computer in the range hood. There are hopefullyl no more computers to be replaced in the appliances!

Thought I would all let you know my experience with my SMEG products!
Gee that is such a shame, especially with smeg being at the high end of the appliance ladder......I did months of research on kitchen appliances before deciding on Westinghouse.....nothing is installed yet, but I was happy with what I read, happy with the look, and pretty happy with the prices....so I feel for you, it would be pretty frustrating
Hi

Thanks for replying. In saying this I was contacted today by smeg service and they have offered extended warranty which I am more than happy with this outcome.
The service is quite good and response time is extremely good to date even though i have had most oarts replaced with smeg. While I never tested Westinghouse as I never had the need to call service.

I was made aware that some brands on the market don't have a proper service dept at least smeg and Miele do.

Hope all goes well for you.
Have to say Smeg service was good, but got tired of having to use them. So far Miele and V-Zug has not needed service calls.

Siemens contract out, and the guy we got to fix a low flame problem with our wok burner didn't know how to fix gas appliances (was apparently a whitegoods service person; not sure why they sent him out to fix a gas stove), promised to check with Siemens tech support, but when I checked with them 2 months later, he apparently declared the case closed, sweeping it under the carpet. Have to see what Siemens (BSH group includes Bosch, Neff and Gaggenau) does now that I insist they send someone else out to fix the problem.
whikey
Hi

I purchased a number of SMEG appliances in 2012 for my new kitchen

Cooktop, Oven, Conventional Oven, Range hood. Most or all the products have had their computer sytems changed and number of parts changed. I am not sure if anyone else out there has had the same issue. These appliances are not cheap, while SMEG service is very good I believe the products are sub standard!!! I have owned westinghouse in the past and have not had all these issues before. I am wasting so much out of work time to attend to service calls. So if you are considering buying SMEG please be aware as I have spoken to a number of people who have claimed issues with their SMEG appliances.
Today I have been told I need to replace the computer in the range hood. There are hopefullyl no more computers to be replaced in the appliances!

Thought I would all let you know my experience with my SMEG products!

Who cares about good service ?

I have bought many appliances that have lasted over decade, 1 even lasted 2 decades (still going) the only appliances I have had problems with is SMEG. I bought a SMEG infected house with all the gear out of warranty when I bought them, the oven's main element died at $450 (could have bought a whole oven for that) the dishwasher never worked properly and died completely after about 7 years..... I expect this from a cheaper brand but all my other appliances (cheaper brands) have outlasted this SMEG stuff.

At least SMEG is recognising they have a quality problem in your case, I would like to see lemon laws in this country so people in your position get a better deal.
I bought a SMEG oven (almost one year ago) - fortunately, no issues thus far...fingers crossed!
Just a matter of luck half the time. But having the extra warranty with whitegoods now seems all part of the plot.

We had trouble with a SMEG microwave - door kept "clouding" up. They came and replaced door - then replaced microwave. Excellent - but would have preferred no problem in the first place.

They make so many of these things and they are now so cheap. But - we have our old Westinghouse fridge still chugging along nicely - and so big !
As a continuation re the SMEG appliances we bought. The range hood is now leaking oil!!!! not impressed at all regarding these appliances. I will never buy a SMEG appliance again....

I have to contact SMEG service again every 3 months there is a problem. BE aware of this when going to WInning appliances. Also when you buy appliances make sure its what you want not what the sales person sells you and its what they want!!!

I wish I knew this all before
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum