Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

What cooktop/oven do you have?

Page 1 of 1
We are trying to decide on what to pick. At the moment we have chosen Miele. We have upgraded a lot of things in our house, exy tiles, stone benches, upgrade upgrade upgrade. I keep thinking we are upgrading too much we will never recoup it when we sell one day

Am I wise to invest in my kitchen or is there another brand I could look at that is decent but not so exy?
Mrs P

Am I wise to invest in my kitchen or is there another brand I could look at that is decent but not so exy?

There are probably many others brands that are 'decent', but none so 'exy' as Miele - this is the way we went with everything in our kitchen, (so am obviously biased), and it sure does look great - have never second questioned my decision to spend extra $$ in the kitchen, esp as I seem to spend half my life in there, and am getting the use and enjoyment out of it all.... perhaps you could look at cutting back on the lesser used areas.....? Not sure where, as like you almost everything seemed to cost more than originally planned to achieve the look we wanted...
Mrs P
We are trying to decide on what to pick. At the moment we have chosen Miele. We have upgraded a lot of things in our house, exy tiles, stone benches, upgrade upgrade upgrade. I keep thinking we are upgrading too much we will never recoup it when we sell one day

You can always go a step further with Gaggenau
I agree with Moogles, if you can afford it the german brands are a step up in quality and in my opinion will enhance your enjoyment of the kitchen. Look at Siemens and Neff as good alternatives to Miele. We have Siemens and it is fantastic kit.

In terms of resale, unless you are renovating to sell, kitchens appliances rarely add value by the time you are ready to sell because after 7 -10 years, they are generally approaching update time (for a buyer).
+1 for Gaggenau!
Unless you prefer to buy a small car instead (and probably still have some spare change) :-p
Bosch HBA13B250A Oven

Bosch PCR915B90A Cook top

Should be less than 2.5k for these together
We are soon to renovate our kitchen, our budget for oven and range is about $5000 all up so we scoot past Miele in the shops and give them a sideways glance. However we are impressed with the quality, look and features of a freestanding Delonghi 90cm with fish/griddle burner. We looked at ILVE in similar a oven and although it costs about $8000 (over our budget) it looked 'cheaper' in quality than the Delonghi.
rlay1
+1 for Gaggenau!
Unless you prefer to buy a small car instead (and probably still have some spare change) :-p

+2

Gaggenau kitchen appliances are certainly
GORGEOUS - but you sure do pay for it!
Moogles
rlay1
+1 for Gaggenau!

+2

Gaggenau kitchen appliances are certainly
GORGEOUS - but you sure do pay for it!

+3

We have Gaggenau microwaves in our office. So very very pretty.

Until I saw the price tag in the shops. Hahahaha!
Try Baumatic. They have some very nice looking ovens and aren't too expensive. Good quality as well. My parents' one hasn't missed a beat in 6 years and the one I put in my house has worked fine in the month I've used it.

This is the one I have. I think it might be the previous model now though.
http://www.shoprite.com.au/products/Bau ... -Oven.html
Stay away from Baumatic. Worst oven I have ever used. After the door falling off twice, handle coming off twice, inside racks coming loose on no less than 12 occasions in 4 years, 3 timer replacements, long service call times, lack of parts availability and 10 service calls, colour wearing off the knobs and an oven door that never fitted properly and leaked heat everywhere. We are now cutting our losses on this one as it blew up again tonight with a short circuit in the timer circuit which has melted the unit and the wire casing around it.

In the 4 years we owned it, it has been nothing but trouble. I have asked Think Appliances to replace the oven but they just kept trying to fix it, leaving us without an oven for weeks at a time waiting for parts. Escalated to the Managing Director and he fobbed me off to service who just kept flogging this dead horse despite years of trouble. It is out of warranty and we will not go back and get it fixed any more.

Will never buy Baumatic or ANY brand distributed by Think Appliances again.
In fact our Baumatic dishwasher of the same age we have also replaced with an Asko as the Baumatic again was constant trouble. The first one we had we did get replaced completely under warranty but the second was still rubbish.
chrisandkate
Bosch HBA13B250A Oven

Bosch PCR915B90A Cook top

Should be less than 2.5k for these together

This is exactly our kitchen plus a Miele DGC 5080 XL Combi Steam Oven
I forgot about this thread, I ended up going with Bosch, 80cm induction cook top, not sure which oven but its pyro & an asko undermounted range hood.

Very happy with them all
Actually we ended up changing our oven to the HBA43B250A as it has a triple glazed door which is the minimum we wanted.
Related
25/03/2024
900MM Cooktop over a 600MM built in oven

Building A New House

My daughter and son in law are about to start building, they are having a 600mm induction cook top and 900mm oven. It's personal preferance >

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

30/12/2023
Identification of Oven Make and Model

Kitchen Appliances

Hi Chippy, no there isn't, gave it a really good look through and literally opened everything and checked all edges as well. Hence the question, just hoping someone would…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum