Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

LG or Westinghouse Fridges???

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just doing a bit of research and need some opinions or feedbacks. I am thinking of buying an LG GR-P247STSL or a Westinghouse WSE6970SA but not sure how good these two brands are for fridges. Checked the net and read mixed review on one of the product review site which wasn't much help. Those that have one of the above fridges or brands could you provide some feedback please? Otherwise which brand would you prefer? I don't want to spend over $2k to find out later on it is a dud.

Any opinions/feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Cant comment on those two, However we brought a samsung fridge and it has been brilliant. Parents brought one on the same day (cant remember brand but it wasnt a samsung) and theirs has been back for repair twice. Ours is still going strong and has not missed a beat. We have had it about 3 years now
Hi,

There has been a lot of publicity recently about LG *** on its fridge energy efficiency ratings

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.ph ... mId/947285

They did it with air conditioners as well. That might be a factor for you.

Cheers
We have a 525 litre Westinghouse, freezer at bottom. It has been fine. Had it for two years and it has not missed a beat, seems to have a very even temperature distribution with no "cold" spots that freeze the food in the fridge compartment. Stacks of room for a family of 4.
Westinghouse.. Everything LG that I've owned hasn't worked too well.

In saying that I want the latest LG dishwasher..
I have an LG fridge and it's been fine! Had it maybe two years now?
We have an LG fridge - it's about 6 years old, a side-by-side, about the 510L size? It hasn't missed a beat in all this time we've had it except for an ice-build up issue under the bottom freezer drawer. If I remember to de-ice that bit every couple of months, no problem.

My parents have a westinghouse fridge that is over 15 years old and has also never missed a beat. I will probably go westinghouse or electrolux for my next fridge.
I personally like the fact that most (or maybe all) Westinghouse fridges are Australian made. I believe that Electrolux is the same company. My parents have a Westinghouse and it works fabulously; they've had it for maybe 4 years and no problems whatsoever.

Having said that my fridge is a Bosch (I bought it because it was on a really good special and I liked the interior set out). It has yet to be delivered so I can't give you any reviews.

Hope that helps
Hi

We owned a Westinghouse pigeon pair for about 22 years and replaced them 2 months ago with a new fridge/freezer (no room in new house for a pigeon pair). Both of them were still in good working order and we sold them to a young couple.

Cheers
We bought a westinghouse 420L about 12 months ago - no complaints here.
grom40
I personally like the fact that most (or maybe all) Westinghouse fridges are Australian made. I believe that Electrolux is the same company. My parents have a Westinghouse and it works fabulously; they've had it for maybe 4 years and no problems whatsoever.

Yep. We happily replaced our 15 year old Westinghouse fridge with another. Here's hoping they continue to manufacture in Oz!
Thanks guys, appreciate your comments/replies. Sounds like the Westinghouse is the way to go. Thanks again much appreciated.
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum