Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Slideout Rangehood's

Page 1 of 1
I'm looking for decent brand names, expected cost, what to look for, etc. Basically the be all and end all of Slideout Rangehood's
I can't help you sorry because we went with the builder's brand - Technika - rubbish!

But I can tell you, when you DO start looking, make sure you check out how each model is cleaned. How the bits come out, whether they're tricky to put back in, etc....

Just because it looks good doesn't necessarily mean that it is easy to use & clean.
Oh & check out how to replace the light globes
I did not go ahead with buying a rangehood from this company or the brands they sell, but i found it an interesting read nonetheless:

http://www.prestigeappliances.com.au/12Secrets.pdf

Cheers,
TC
Southies - great points!! We asked all those questions and MOST importantly check the strength of the suction and the quietness... We have chosen the Miele which on level 3 you can hardly hear, has downlights, no exposed wires or parts, easy to clean and top suction !! It is $799
Spend the $$$$$s. It's worth it in the long run.

We went with the builder's model, with the idea of changing it when it died - I refused to pay the builder's mark up for a decent model
. I wish that blessed event would hurry up
The technika is so darned noisy
& soooo fiddly to clean
we went a Qasair Marcel 10, got $1000 off due to a scratch which you cant see. Because it is on an external wall we are ducting it to the wall not roof- quieter and less issues.
So what are some brands I should look for?
bump - need some good quality brands guys
We had a Delonghi slideout rangehood that we put in when we did a kitchen reno in our old house. Only cost about $200 and i was happy with the performance of it. Looked sleek and nice, not cheap looking and the stainless trim at the front didn't mark easy.

I would have got the same one for our new house but we opted for a glass canopy rangehood.

Hope this helps. I could probably dig around at home and get the model number of the one we had if you want...
Smeg do a couple of goodies. Make sure you also get it with the charcoal filter.
I think I'm going for a canopy now...women!!!
Related
You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum