Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Fridges! What have you got? Are you Happy?

Page 2 of 2
n&n02
I really want a french door fridge for this house (I think that’s what they are called)...........

Anybody have one of these style fridges and what are your thoughts???

We've got a Sharp french door upside down fridge. We got it on a super special.
I (actually my wife) loves it. Having full width shelves is a real plus.
When we looked around we found it had a lot more space internally compared to a similar external sized fridge. Side by sides were so narrow internally, the french door lets you put in full sized platters no problem.
It has dual doors on the bottom freezer with pull out draws internally.
The same fridge is available by other manufacturers but with different doors.
I was initially concerned with the door sealing but after checking them out I realised they use a very clever door mechanism that swings the door away then opens it, allowing a very good seal between the 2 doors.
Hope that helps
I too am interested to hear of peoples experiences with fridges as we will be purchasing in the next few weeks. I have settled on the F&P 520 litre upside model, however unfortunately they do not produce the iridium finish any more!
Also apparently the manufacturing has been moved offshore and is now completed in Thailand instead of QLD.

Can anyone comment on these points? I would have preferred my fridge to be made in Australia...
We also have a Sharp "french door" fridge, and I love it! We've only had it for a few weeks, so I can't vouch for the reliability yet.

We looked at side-by-sides and were disappointed in the lack of space. The french door gives you the whole width of the fridge, with the ability to only open half of it if you want.

The freezer is at the bottom and also has the french doors, which means you only open half the freezer to get out bread for your morning toast, rather than the whole thing.

Quite expensive, though.
We have a F&P designer series bought around six months ago for less than 2k, think its around 600l fridge ontop of freezer. Very sexy with flat doors and vertical metal handles, no tacky plastic. Some reviews said its noisy but its quiet as a mouse, definately recommend it for a modern look.
Also looking at french door fridges - there are not many choices - toss up between Electrolux EQE6007SA or F & P RF610ADUX or Samsung SRF752DSS. Has anyone got these and which one would you recommend?
We have a whirlpool 640l side by side with ice and water... I love the ice/water.... never drank so much water in my life... Yes the freezer is narrow and the ice probably takes up a third of it, but I happily sacrifice the room for ice/water, it is the best thing by far and I could never go back to a fridge without ice/water... The fridge side is quite wide and I wouldn't have thought much narrower then a standard 420l fridge... heaps of space on the fridge side as their is no ice/water on that side... and I guess at the end of the day you use your fridge alot more than your freezer.
hi guys

we bought a samsung 752ltr french door fridge with bottom drawer freezer.

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/home ... prd_detail

I think we paid about $3,200 at myers and it came with a plasma which was a samsung offer on at the time (which is why there are so many cheap samsung 22inch plasmas on ebay right now!!!)

we love it... so easy to use, looks good etc...

we have had nothing but problems with the ice dispensor (this one offers cubed or crushed), we rarely can get either. The service guy has been out 3 times now, and I'm told they are giving us a whole new fridge... so thats good. We also paid for extended warranty - as long as for possible (I recommend you consider this too).

Ours is about 6mths old now...

good luck!
Cheers to everyone that replied!

I forgot about the thread for a few days and come back to 2 pages of replies!!

Now to start looking for the fridge of my dreams, pity that most manufacturers are tending away from the traditional fridge, and those that still do them don't do many in stainless steel!
We have a Westinghouse and are really happy with it. It's upside down, I think around 440L. My only complain is the freezer is a little small, there is plenty of room in the fridge itself.
Forget to say, before we got our current fridge we had a F&P for 18 years, it was still working at the end but did develop a leak. The only reason we didn't get a FP this time was we couldn't find an upside down one in the size we were looking for, for the price we wanted.
we have a westinghouse 700l side by side. bought it 2m ago, LOVE it.
Related
6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum