Join Login
Building ForumKitchen Appliances

Dishwasher space in tight kitchen

Page 1 of 1
Please help. Can you advise how I can get a dishwasher near the sink in my small kitchen? And which tradespersons I will need for the job. Much appreciated in advance.

Also the sinks are too deep to fit a standard size dishwasher underneath. Should the kitchen drawers be moved, and if so will that be too far from the sink? approx 1.2 metres.
Have you thought about a dishdrawer? Afaik, they are still 600mm wide (same as most d/w's) but can be set lower or higher than regular bench height.

They can be side-by-side and also below a wall oven in the tower unit. Another house had 2 x singles but one each side of a farmhouse style sink.

Hope some of this helps?
Three options:

1. You could get a freestanding 600mm dishwasher and place it somewhere in the kitchen that works.
2. If that stack of drawers is 450mm wide, then you could take out that section of the kitchen and install a 450mm wide built-in dishwasher.
3. A small bench top dishwasher.

The distance to the plumbing is not a huge deal as you can buy extensions for the inlet, waste and electricity. However, it will mean running that through the back of few other cupboards, but a good installer should be able to do it neatly.
Please follow these step. I had a same problem and several days I search how I adjust in my kitchen. these point help me a lot.
The space is bit narrow i think the best you can do is to ask your carpatiner he can gives you the best possible advise
Related
31/01/2024
Enclosing the space above kitchen cabinets question

Kitchen Corner

You can really use anything you want the main consideration would be how it looks once painted/finished - or the look you want. Cabinetmakers use MDF because its cheap…

31/01/2024
Bosch dishwasher

General Discussion

I am installing a new Bosch SMU4HTS01A built under dushwasher. I have 2 questions. What is the function of the metal strip about 500mm long x 60mm wide the tell you to…

22/08/2023
public open space contribution

General Discussion

Cupcake.girl This really depends on your local council. Each one has different definitions and ways to calculate contributions. This is called a contribution…

You are here
Building ForumKitchen Appliances
Home
Pros
Forum