Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Candice’s new house….OMG:(

Page 3 of 3
Remember the old wardrobe doors in DD new renovators delight of a home??

Now here’s the new ones, they are just lovely!

They look great Michelle.
Thanks Wingies, they are so good, depending where I go next, I might do the same!
I need to say something, it’s been bothering me.

My daughter and her BF bought this house to do up and sell. They then decided they liked the area so much they would do up the house and stay! SO…..as they progressed to get quotes on the reno they found it increasingly hard to get tradesmen to do the work that didn’t want to charge an arm and a leg. Unfortunately they are now back to selling the house and not do too much more to improve it.

Its all been too hard for them!

I have to say, I’m very disappointed and angry at some of the tradesmen in my town.
Michelle, I had a bricklayer tell me that the closer he worked to the city, the more he could charge for his labour.

We have extended out house and are renovating the original part and I know for a fact we are quoted more for things simply because of the suburb we live in. It is very frustrating and the reason whey making the effort to get 3 quotes is a must.
Hi SquirtyChookGirl, its hard work, but I agree, the more quotes the better.
Hi Michelle,
its sad to see that their reno dream is not happening.. have they sold it or decided to give it another crack?
Hi shonzilla, no they are still selling, they’ve done a quick repaint throughout the house had things fixed that need to be fixed that was going with the reno, and she’s done heaps in the garden. I think she’s regretting not doing these things to start with as the house looks really good now! Candice is in Real Estate and is going to be selling her own house. She’s actually a property manager, so selling her own home may be a little hard for her I think. Too close to the heart I would say.

But they are committed to sell, and are looking forward to buying land and building a new home.

So I guess I’ll have my work cut out for me doing all her selections……….
the wardrobes look amazing Michelle. your daughter is so lucky to have you help her decorate. lucky thing!! if you ever feel like expanding your family you can adopt me & help me decorate

Chi Chi, the robes were her idea, I love them!
Related
26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

7/09/2023
Leak in wall new house

General Discussion

If you make sure all taps inside and out are turned off, what does the water meter show if you leave it for a while.

14/09/2023
New house land/slab drainage?

General Discussion

Thanks for the heads up mate, greatly appreciated 👍

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum