Interior Decorating Lounge
Feb 01, 2020 6:17 pm
Just purchased a PPOR and whilst we're waiting for settlement, we wanted to start thinking about furniture and furnishings!
Thanks in advance for all your help
Photos of the living area are from the staged photo. My general thoughts are:that as the living area is slightly narrow at 3.6m, we will work with the bi-fold doors open most of the time.
- Play area for 1 year old. Possibly a dining area as well as a way to free up foot traffic in corridor.
- In general, I feel it needs softer furnishings to feel more homely since it's all white and tiles.
- TV to remain as is, but may remove arm chair (was staged with a small 40"TV, and we're looking at 65").
- Consider a 3+2 seater arrangement with a corner table. We love scandanavian/mid-century furniture but it might be done to death?
- Dinner table in the photo to potentially be moved away, replaced with a buffet shelf on the side for storage.
- Breakfast bar stools to be replaced with something a little more slimline - wooden seat top and black pin legs?
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
RECONeed help with setting up the furniture in living areaNeed help with setting up the furniture in living area
two kids.. it means strong and simple furniture and a lots of space for them to play, they will like that:)
Nev57Bulk head in living area and walkwayBulk head in living area and walkway
Id make 28 course right right thru house ,but do vaulted ceilings do 3 course ceilings in living area and family area . Id do a 200mm bulkhead over kitchen bench , puting…
thehvacdudeWhere to place the return airWhere to place the return air
I prefer the ceiling where possible as it will not suck up dirt, hair etc from the floor. Ideally to keep it nice & central i would place it in the front hall closer to…