Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Should the media unit match the kitchen cupboards

Page 1 of 1
I need help with choosing the media unit colour. We have an open living area with the kitchen nearby. The kitchen has all white cupboards and white bench tops. The floors are spotted gum and the walls are a very light warm grey.

Furniture wise we have a grey speckled lounge matched with a dark brown leather lounge.

I have attached a picture of the lounge room and the kitchen.

I would love something like the following King Living ad:

But not sure if it’s too much timber. Would love to hear what laminates or colour you think would suit our place. Thanks!
I forgot to mention that we have all white cabinetry throughtout the house. They are all polyurethane in Dulux Natural White.
Oooo we are yet to handover and move in, but we will have a very similar layout!

We also have the reo in viva brown/Congo legs RFR.

Our floors are eng. timber oak bourbon. And we also thought for ages about coffee table and entertainment unit colours worrying about too much timber. In the end we just snapped up clearance items from various places so I imagine they might be a bit of a mismatch... hopefully not too much.

We ended up with a Icon by Design Sven unit in oak. See if you like the solid walnut version

ehhc
Oooo we are yet to handover and move in, but we will have a very similar layout!

We also have the reo in viva brown/Congo legs RFR.

Our floors are eng. timber oak bourbon. And we also thought for ages about coffee table and entertainment unit colours worrying about too much timber. In the end we just snapped up clearance items from various places so I imagine they might be a bit of a mismatch... hopefully not too much.

We ended up with a Icon by Design Sven unit in oak. See if you like the solid walnut version

Thanks ehhc! I think a dark unit would suit the area too. Btw, loving our Reo 👍
I think a nice walnut entertainment unit would look lovely. We have the exact same colour scheme and the Neo lounge from King and we went with a walnut unit from Click On Furniture. Love it.
DamNita
I think a nice walnut entertainment unit would look lovely. We have the exact same colour scheme and the Neo lounge from King and we went with a walnut unit from Click On Furniture. Love it.

Thanks DamNita! It’s been hard finding a picture with the same colour scheme. I think a walnut or dark unit would suit too.
sydfam
DamNita

Thanks DamNita! It’s been hard finding a picture with the same colour scheme. I think a walnut or dark unit would suit too.

I don't have any other photos with me, but you can see my cabinet (as well as my coffee and enjo floor thing) with the same floors / kitchen. Works really well I think.

Edited to add - this is several days after we have moved in, so a lot has changed - but it gives you an idea.
DamNita
sydfam
DamNita

I don't have any other photos with me, but you can see my cabinet (as well as my coffee and enjo floor thing) with the same floors / kitchen. Works really well I think.

Edited to add - this is several days after we have moved in, so a lot has changed - but it gives you an idea.

DamNita - Thank you! Much appreciated!
Related
22/10/2023
Weird older Shower Unit, Does Any one know anything about it

Bathrooms and Laundry

I had an old shower unit that broke on me and when I took it off, there were only 2 water pipes, instead of the normal 2 water pipes and a shower head pipe. S o I…

8/11/2023
Kitchen Quote - What should be included?

Kitchen Corner

hey there! 😊 so, it’s kinda common for standard drawer depths to be around 500mm since most cabinets use this size to fit the usual runners…

12/01/2024
Overhead cupboards.

Building A New House

Hi, Can anyone give me approx. price for overhead cupboards. TIA

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum