Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Choosing your external colours

Page 1 of 1
I have noticed a lot of people choose the roof, gutter and facia first without any thought to the rest of their colours.

Not quite sure what reasoning is behind this, then they ask what colours will go with the roofing selections.

No offence to anyone here, I’m just trying to be helpful.

When you are choosing any colour scheme at all you must give thought to the over all look and scheme. By choosing the roof only and being locked into those colours you are selling yourself short for a balanced colour scheme.

Also it makes someone like me work harder to try and come up with colours you like, even though we don’t think the roof will go very well with the wall colours you may want.

You need to look closely at every colour before you lock yourself into a roofing colour.

I have had clients come to me a roofing sample and say….”this is the roof we chose, now what will we do with the rest?”

RIGHT
……ok, now we only have a few colours to choose from, instead of lots!!!

Do yourself a favour….when you know you are going to build…..from the minute you know…..get ALL of your colours sorted, not just one or 2 for the roofline.

This way you allow yourself plenty of time to get it right.

I hope this has helped
Related
5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

17/04/2024
Choosing easier lot for extension/renovation.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thanks for the reply. Had a look at the suggested lot and found other problem on easement, which i will asked in separate thread.

26/04/2024
Choosing lighting pendants that will comply with standards

Lighting + Lighting Design

I am trying to find lighting for kitchen, dining areas but looking online, I don’t know if there are specific details I should be looking at to make sure any lights I…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum