Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Dulux Internal Colour Selections - Help!

Page 1 of 1
Hi there everyone,

I have selected Dulux Jarrah and Self-Destruct for my Feature Walls but have no idea what colour would go with these two as the Main Colour for my house.

Im tossing between the following: Hog Bristle 1/2, Light Rice 1/2, Shetland Lace 1/2 or Buff it 1/2. I would like to have some sort of brown tint in it and nothing to dark of course!

My furniture colours will mostly be in the light and dark browns with a hint of black and chrome.

I havent chosen my carpet either...not too sure if i should go light brown, cream or dark brown?

Err...help!

Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.
Hi Pugsley,

Ok, hang in there while I try and explain something to you. If you don’t understand what I have said let me know and I’ll try again for you.

“Jarrah”….(nice colour!) and “Self-Destruct” are both in the same colour rang as “Hog Bristle” Take notice of the sample fan deck I have shown you below, the three colours run on the same colour page. Which means they are all mixed from the same colours but all are different intensities of that colour!

Follow?

So the best and only way to go is the Hog Bristle, as all your colours will flow beautifully!

Also I would look at a mid to dark chocolate for your carpet.

Hope all this makes sense.
You are a gem Michelle - Thank you!!!
Related
30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

8/05/2023
Acrylic render: Dulux or ROCKCOTE

General Discussion

Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply again. I had a chat with the builder, he said he will use primer, then hydrotec which comes with colour and sealer as well. A Renderer I…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum