Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

What color should I put in stairway wall from living room?

Page 1 of 1
Hello

My living room wall is green/gray. Its called birch sand and its a gray undertone green. My living room floor is a tan beige carpet. So both the carpet and the birch have warmth to it. My other wall is a pinkish off white. It looks white but with a light pink undertone. My stairway up to the second floor is also carpetted the tan beige and the railings are a dark brown wood. What color would look better in the wall on the staircase. Pinkish brown (it looks gray/pink/brown or pink beige) or (a yellowly beige) or (a darkish yellow that is not light yellow but not mustard either). the yellow is in between the orange yellow and a yellow yellow...so it matches the brown and the green. It matches the brown more than the green. Anyways which color would you say for the stairway wall. It does not have too much light but there is a long window as the ceilings are really high on the stairway so it does get light more than most houses I would assume. Again should I go with the yellow to match the beige/tan carpet with dark wood railing and grey/green wall next to the stairway wall (it is next to each other) OR go with the warm beige or the pink beige. Again the other wall in the living room next to the green/gray (birch) wall a pinkish white beige wall (it looks white but with a pink tint).
Thank you.
How light or dark do you want the wall colour? To match a tan beige carpet, take a look at Haymes Marble Mist - this is a very very light warm brown colour (just a few drops of raw umber in it). For a fraction creamier and doubly darker look at Haymes Organic 1 (double strength of Marble Mist plus a drop of yellow ochre). These are fairly warm colours and shouldn't show any green, and should match your brown railings.

If you're looking for a greener grey, check Taubmans Cotton Sheets. This is just a white paint with raw umber but cooler than the Haymes version. Slightly darker again would be Taubmans Tahira White.

They are all quite light neutral colours and are in their respective white range of A4 fold outs.
Related
14/12/2023
Dark living room

General Discussion

sorry mate, not wasting more time on this. Youve completely missed the mark on some fundamentals and regardless of how many times i try and put it to you differently, you…

22/01/2024
What are the plugs in the living room for?

General Discussion

1 is free to air and the other 2 are for cable TV all of them completely useless in 2024 >

22/02/2024
Living room help

Interior Decorating Lounge

Can anyone help with the layout of my living room, it seems that no matter what I do it never looks right. I have an awquard kind of l shape with 2 doors, bay window and…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum