Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Edge between corniche and wall

Page 1 of 1
Bought a new house and need to paint it but struggling with a straight edge between the bottom of the corniche and the wall.

I used to do it quite well by hand but maybe its this house or maybe old age creeping up but struggling to keep it neat.
Basically ceiling is white and the wall is a few shades darker grey so really shows poor technique.
I bought one of those edgers from Bunnings so going to give that a go or should I just paint the wall colour on the bottom of the corniche and use the curved part as the straight edge.?

I see now why some builders do paint and walls the same colour
You can bring it up the bottom of the cornice a little but you still need a keep it straight.
Give the edger a go or get a Painter on hrly rate to cut in your tops. Or you could try blue tape.

Related
2/02/2024
Gap between fence and retaining wall - unsafe space

Landscape & Garden Design

get some pool noodles and then bark mulch over the top

26/02/2024
Insulation for Internal wall, between floors

Building A New House

Sorry, don't know costs, but there are a couple of very important principles you need to get right (and now) .... (1) never agree to any "upgrade" unless you first know…

17/01/2024
Liaison between owner builder and engineer

Building A New House

The engineering is the engineering. It's irrelevant how much material you have. Unless it fits the requirements of your design the engineer can't "make"it work. You might…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum