Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Which light fitting for dining room?

Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to decide on a light fitting for our dining table in our open plan area.

We have 3 of these pendants over the kitchen island, it's matt black on the outside and shiny hammered silver on the inside:

I want one large light fitting for over the dining table.

Current options are:

Sky Garden (90cm):

Spiro (80cm):

Alfresco (60cm):

We're favouring the Spiro but wondering if it would look odd, even though it's still black and matches the kitchen pendants in that respect. Also a bit worried that the last one would be too matchy-matchy, and it might be a bit small.

Opinions appreciated!
Last one if it were bigger. Depends on budget. There was one I liked but not sure of the price. cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0782/3703/products/Large-Dome-Pendant_light_large.JPG?v=1433499430

Cheers
Mark
I have to admit, I find the last one to be a bit... lack-lustre, and I would probably be disappointed every time I looked at it. The one in your link is nice and big, but a bit too rustic for my style

Ok ok i am home now and found the one I liked the most.

http://www.catellanismith.com/products/ ... 02?lang=en

check this one......
Oh yes, I remember you mentioning that one before but it totally slipped my mind! Thanks for reminding me. I like it much better than the Alfresco.

I like the Sky Garden best
Thanks for the vote Adele!

Sky Garden from me also.....
Michelle
Sky Garden from me also.....

Thanks Michelle! I like the relief on the sky garden but hubby's not so sure.
Do you think the Spiro would look terribly out of place?
I actually like the spiro. Same colours but makes a statement over the dining table. I don't think you want them matching but instead to compliment. I still can't decide on either as well. By this has given me some ideas. Thank you.

I really like these for my kitchen bench but can't fin anything I like to match over the dining table. All one room as well.

Thanks caelae! Plenty of glass chandeliers out there, I like this one: http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Pendants/Replica-Achille-Castiglioni-Fucsia-12-Pendant.aspx?p4031c12
Thanks trixee. They are quite nice. Hadn't thought of something like that. Good luck choosing!

Spiro first, then Sky garden!
I depends also on your wall colours I reckon, if it more on the creamer side the stark white of sky garden might be too much. The Spiro has that home feel to
It.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716
Do those bulbs on the clear one cost a fortune and/or more expensive to run?

Relatively in expensive, they cost around $15 ea. Not to bad for a nice looking bulb?

build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!
Spiro for me.

Kdolls
Spiro looks like a dust collector....
Related
26/04/2024
Looking for designs which have a void in the living/dining

Building A New House

Hello all, bought a block of land and would like to find designs now. We want a void over the living/dining room. We’re looking at Savoy 32 from Eden Brae, are there any…

15/11/2023
Kitchen living Dining

General Discussion

Can anyone suggest a house layout where the kitchen-dining - living runs the length across the rear of the house left to right where our best view will be we…

30/06/2023
kitchen bench in very light colour?

Kitchen Corner

Hi - thanks for your reply. Yes I think 'Ill go for whitish with very speckly bits rather than pure white something like this. PS was actually 2008 I built the…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum