Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Opinions please- 22/9 Kitchen photoshop by d@n!!!!!

Page 6 of 7

I don't mean to interupt your decision time but I am just thinking I may have confused where you were having your colours the last time.

By back panel do you mean the panel in the kitchen bench? I was thinking you meant splashback was where the zinia was going but thats going to be white right?

benchtop black
bottom doors grey like in the pic
floors that nice charcoal tile
splashback ....white?
and the back panel is Zinnia
overheads are what you are thinking of changing?

I know this is a big deal getting this bit right so I am not interupting I am just interested as I think I really didn't visualise everything properly last time and the pic helps me to understand....just for interests sake......
joles
Yep I have drawings.. do you want me to post them on this thread?

PM me with them if you want.
Or post them here.

And just so I’m not confused…the Zinnia is going where the bar stools are ……right??
The benchtops are Jet Black.
Underbench cupboards soft grey (lighter grey than pic)
Floors dark charcoal tile.
Kicker is black.
Splashback is South Pole... (this is also the wall colour and one shade lighter than underbench cupboards)
Back panel of island... zinnia (orange) where the barstools are..

Just tring to pick the overhead cupboards...... needs to compliment the Zinnia as it will be seen with the Zinnia from the family room.... but also needs to go with the black and greys.

Longterm... the overheads need to match other colours.... the back panel can be changed very easily so in five years could be red.... or blue..... or green..... or silver..... this is where the River Cherry comes unstuck.... perfect for the Zinnia.... but not so good with other colours.....
Also our furniture is darker wood...

Urban bamboo is more adaptable and goes with the furmiture.... but maybe has no warmth... that's when I thought about Columbian Walnut....
Ok kitchen drawing are not going to happen.... I'll need to scan then scale and it's a little bit beyond my technological capabilities.

I know where there is a pic that is similar to my kitchen... but I can't copy it....

Joles is this it? This is as big as I could save it.

Amsburg Cherry

Urban Bamboo

Black – representing your benchtop

Soft Grey

Zinnia

Have to do some work now, have a look and see what you think.
Yes that's it!!! Thank you so much!!!

This makes it so much easier to explain doesn't it!!!

Gweluphome.....I believe this could technically make you a nerd as this is something I'd usually get Mike to do!

Now where's d@n for photoshop...?
I blame the bass player nerd in the house he taught me this little trick. That makes me Nerd by association. (NBA) Glad to have helped.
Now we can see it come together.
Good job dan

Jo, I thought your underbench cupboards were going to be dark for some reason. But I like it the way it is.

Are the wall colours your colours?

It would be good to change the floor to your tiles, to REALLY get the look right... and lose the stool colour....
Oooohhhh d@n you're an absolute star!!!!

Thank you!!

OOOOHHHHHH it looks really different to anyone else's kitchen doesn't it?
I do really like the Urban Bamboo!!!!
The orange is really bright on my screen!
I know my colour is a bit off though!!! And the floor will be dark charcoal tiles......

What does everyone esle think...... I know it's not for everyone.....

Donuts, the wall colour will be the same as the splashback.... which is one shade lighter then the underbench cupboards...... it's very different isn't it!!!!!
really like the Urban bamboo...
looks great with the Zinnia too!
I love the Urban Bamboo!

Look at it this way Jo, you have your own unique kitchen, which is great, way to go!

Excellent work Dan
It looks so much fun & so funky ! Love it!
Southies was demolition today or next Monday????

Thanks.... I do want the house to feel fun
.... fun and relaxed.... so all DSs friends feel really comfortable and my friends as well... we're not classy!!!

I know everyone likes neutral colour schemes... but I don't like that for me! One... I wouldn't be able to pull it off very well... and two I'd find plain colours depressing after a while...... that's just me.

I want a house where people walk in and think oh.. yeah this is really Jo... (Mum hasn't got much of a personality
)...

It's hard to judge it with the wooden floors in the pic... but the charcoal floor tiles will look great.....

I saw the perfect piece of art the other day of a Buddhist Monk in his orange robes.... think I'll get it.
joles
Southies was demolition today or next Monday????

Jo, they were supposed to start today but all that's happened is that we have a portaloo ! Will drive by in the morning on my way to work tomorrow & see whehter the bulldozer is there.....
joles
I saw the perfect piece of art the other day of a Buddhist Monk in his orange robes.... think I'll get it.

Get it! sounds cool

Your poor mum, some of the things you say about her on here!
We'll need a blow by blow pictorial of the demo Southies!!!!
Looks really cool and funky Jo. Lots of personality.
I think with the dark tiles that colour is just going to look awesome. Have you already got stools? You could match them with your overheads.....the Monk pic sounds very cool to go with your orange.
Nothing like a visual to confirm your decisions.........great job D@n.
gweluphome
Looks really cool and funky Jo. Lots of personality.
I think with the dark tiles that colour is just going to look awesome. Have you already got stools? You could match them with your overheads.....the Monk pic sounds very cool to go with your orange.
Nothing like a visual to confirm your decisions.........great job D@n.

We're having a bar in the rumpus... eventually... so we already have two sets of four bar stools... and they are completely different but can be swapped around.

One set are rattan with wooden frames.... might strip the frames and restain them a bit darker... then they'll match the overheads and the dining setting better.
The other set are chrome and have painted white wooden seats... might strip the seats and paint them black or gloss South Pole... to match the walls.

Will decide which matches the area best.... others for the rumpus... and I can change them around when I get bored!!
Related
7/08/2023
Kitchen Quote advice please!

General Discussion

I was being kind to the builder. With the amount charged for the upgrade the builder is probably charging closer to 100% margin. There are a few variables as I…

6/06/2023
Do you think this kitchen is original

Kitchen Corner

No. It's not original. Circa early to mid 90s would be my guess and maybe even as late as early 2000s

13/06/2023
Kitchen floors

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Awesome, I can do that. Thanks mate.

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum