Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

White window frames... Dark blinds??

Page 1 of 1
I'm in a dilemma what to do with my window treatments.
The window frames are white, but I really like charcoal slim line venetians or roller blinds.
Would this look odd? I just don't want all white on the windows as I think it would look quite bland.
If so, would silver venetians look better???
My floors are a dark concrete look tile and mid grey carpet, walls are a light warm grey or griege ( Dulux grey pebble in quarter), cabinets are Laminex chalky teak and Formica Sarum strand...
Colours are all warm greys and white.
Thank you all!
Do you have pictures to help us visualise your dilemma?
Hey doons. I've seen a few show homes with white architraves and dark blinds and think it looks great. That's why I've chosen to have dark timber venetians on my windows and dark coffee blinds over my alfresco stackers. My walls will be a mid-tone silvery brown and floor tiles are also a mid/dark colour. Sounds like similar shade-wise as you (I think???) but with brown tones where you're going grey. So to me, I think it sounds good!
Even if these pics are not to your taste, you should be able to visualise the contrast of tone.

Hi Abztonics... Sorry don't know how to post pics on here..
Thanks TomCat, the pics look great! Love the colour scheme... And I'm definitely going for darker blinds.
They look sleek and definitely more modern.
doons
The window frames are white, but I really like charcoal slim line venetians or roller blinds.
Would this look odd? I just don't want all white on the windows as I think it would look quite bland.
My floors are a dark concrete look tile and mid grey carpet, walls are a light warm grey or griege ( Dulux grey pebble in quarter), cabinets are Laminex chalky teak and Formica Sarum strand...
Thank you all!

White window frames are perfect with charcoal, I love the contrast.
doons
Thank you all!

Hi Doons,

What you're suggesting with the white architraves/dark blinds is exactly what the current trend is in window furnishings. It won't look odd by any means - it will look modern!

Naomi
Related
29/03/2024
Certification for glazing and aluminium window/door frames

Windows & Doors

For your reference Performance Labels: Window assemblies in housing, except timber windows, must be labelled so the label can be seen when it is in situ. For timber…

29/05/2023
How I lost $100,000 and why I will never use steel frames

Building A New House

That sucks! Hope it all works out. Good to move away from steel anyway for all your reasons, but it's also thermally poor.

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum