Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Tiles & colors, cant be that hard to choose ... can it?!

Page 1 of 1
BATHROOM

Heres our bathroom wall and floor tile. For cupboards in there we like the look of the wenge covering. The tile is a cream color with a slight swirl in it ( I 'think' you can see it in the photo). We have QQ bench top and seemed to like the New Diamond White color, don’t have a sample

KITCHEN

Heres the kitchen setup, a similar floor tile (but gloss and larger). For cupboards Jackie was partial to a 2 tone setup with Fossil on the bottom and Paperbark on the top. Again for the bench top we have QQ and are looking at the New Diamond White.

One alternative would be to some how incorporate wenge into the kitchen so that they seem to match?

Perhaps my only concern is that the house might be too cream/beige, the wall colors we haven’t penned just yet but we'll be aiming for something similar to the display picured below, white ceiling and borders with chalk beige walls.

Any comments are more than welcome!
Hi MikkyG

Nice house you are building

Just a few points, Are you having wood floors throughout the house as per display home or are you having tiles?

If you are having tiles throughout, consider slab heating so the tiles dont make the house an 'iceblock' during winter. Thats just me though, I am so a cold person and love walking into toasty warm houses. Slab heating with tiles is fantastic but for some people it may be too hard to control the temperature.

Mrs B
We are having the tiles in the common areas, pretty much anywhere there is timber flooring in the display we are using tiles.

How much does under tile heating cost? We are starting to get tight on budget, but are willing to consider anything to make life comfy!
Hi Mikky,

Go to the Heating/cooling forum as it has been a topic of recent discussion I think. We are getting hydronic heating for our house but would of got slab heating if we were not getting floorboards.

It is more expensive than ducted heating but so much more nicer IMHO.
It needs to be done when the slab is laid etc At least it is another alternative to look at

Mrs B
I dont think it will be too beige, I actually love that kind of house anyway
always looks terrific, love the one in the photo!! anymore of the same house
but different rooms?? its it p.d. I cant get into their site

I really like the way you have light and dark
your laminates are nice modern popular colours
Hi mikkyG
Your colours for the bathroom is exactly what we are getting for the kitchen. We are using wenge cabinets with New Diamond Quartz benchtops. And beigy tiles for splashback.
Your colours look good…..well done.

I wouldn’t worry about introducing the Wenge, keep it for the bathroom, that way the 2 spaces have their own feel, besides I like what you have now for the kitchen.

I also wouldn’t worry about the too cream/beige thing, you can always add colour, but getting rid of it, if it’s too much is a lot harder!

Just think of the accessories you can have!!!
Michelle
Just think of the accessories you can have!!!

I think im going to have to keep this idea from my wife...

Do you think the Fossil will look darker or lighter on a larger sample surface?

Thanks very much for the vote of confidence in the colors, Jackies pretty happy with them, we just dont have an examples where the floor tiles are cream.

The next problem is splash back color, Jackie always wanted a really radical Red or Blue, but with these colors I think we may have gone too soft for such a bold slashback, what do you think?
mikkyG
[
The next problem is splash back color, Jackie always wanted a really radical Red or Blue, but with these colors I think we may have gone too soft for such a bold slashback, what do you think?

Ohhhh NO you haven’t!!!!

A deep red splash back would look awesome with the Fossil top!!!!
[quote="mikkyG]
Do you think the Fossil will look darker or lighter on a larger sample surface?[/quote]

I think it will depend on the amount of naturel light coming into the room, as to how dark it will look. Don’t worry about it…….. it will be fine either way!

Nice colour!

Found this, thanks again google images
Wow your right again! Looks great!

Do you think Fossil (darker color) on the top or bottom? We have similar colours in our current house and went light up top beause it faced a dark corner of the room.
I think either way…most people are doing the light on top.

So why not go a different way and do the fossil on top.
BIG WOW factor!!!
If you ring Laminex on 13 21 36 they will send you out larger samples of your selections 15cm x 15cm. So much easier to look at than the small samples. National Tiles can also give you samples of QQ. I can't wait to see your kitchen come together. I've gone white so love to see other what other people do
when they are bold with colour.

Have a look at M&J's blog - they are having fossil and red splashback too. They are also building in the same Estate as you!

http://mjbrookvale.blogspot.com/search? ... -results=7
bec
I dont think it will be too beige, I actually love that kind of house anyway
always looks terrific, love the one in the photo!! anymore of the same house
but different rooms?? its it p.d. I cant get into their site

I really like the way you have light and dark
your laminates are nice modern popular colours

Bec, it's PD's Illoura @ Mernda display. It's a really nice house.
Related
28/03/2024
Facade Colors combination

Building A New House

Thanks. Facade is south facing

15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum