Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Furniture help

Page 1 of 1
I have a small house, just one living area which is directly as you walk in the door, it opens up to a dining room which opens onto a small kitchen.

I have a large pine dining table which is just too big for the space we have. I already owned this buffet http://www.earlysettler.com.au/collecti ... board.html when I needed a bookcase in the living / dining area for space, so after searching forever I ended up getting one from the same range as the buffet http://www.earlysettler.com.au/collecti ... 000mm.html.

My problem now is that I really want to replace the clunky dining table we have with something much smaller to fit the space (we are only four people), but I am having trouble finding something that works with these pieces I already have which it will be sitting between.

I'm not normally into matching sets but I do want my furniture to look good together, so I need help.

I am worried because we have a small space that another dark piece of furniture would be too much? I considered a dark table with lighter chairs, a lighter table with dark chairs, a glass table etc, but I'm just not sure if those ideas work with this coloured timber.

Basically I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for what colour table / chairs. might go well with my current stuff?

Sorry for the novel, just trying to provide enough info!

Thanks for any replies
Its not that easy to reply not knowing what else you have around you.

But, here's my advice. - Get a dining table as close in timber as your other pieces, then some white vinyl and chrome chairs.
It always works.... but as I said, not sure what else is going on in your home.

Here's my mix...it actually looks really good with my industrial style dinning

Thanks Michelle, I don't like to post photos or anything specific for privacy reasons, I know that makes it difficult to get a good picture though.

I've made a decision similar to suggested anyway, all worked out, thanks for your response.
Related
18/05/2023
Help with insurance claim

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, long-time lurker but first time posting. I've bought a house 2 and a bit years ago and last year we had some major water damage on a converted pergola area…

29/05/2023
Concrete Perimeter Help and advice

Paving & Concreting

Yes, unless you are in a low intensity rainfall area or the area is protected from rain. Do you have access to NCC Part 2 or can you download it? I can email you a copy…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum