Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Help with furniture layout

Page 1 of 1
As the title suggests, I am struggling big time with visualizing furniture layout of this space

Room is an odd size 2680w x 3350l (boxed in area) plus it has a large window AND a opening in the wall.. The room does open up at the front, however I just can't see how I can utilise that space

Room will be used as family room. I have not purchased any couches etc yet!!

Tia

Moo
Guess no one else has had to battle out this size room.

Do you need/want anything beyond a sitting space? Bookshelves, storage, desk, etc? TV?
Just sitting area / tv.. Enough sitting to accommodate 3 kids plus adults

Moo
hi Krash, is that your only living room/space? or is it extra...& off the kitchen?
It looks like there is only 1 power point available for the TV so I'd say it is a choice between this:
(negatives - you're blocking the window with the seating)

or this:
(negatives - long power cord or cost to put in new power point and TV may be partly in front of window)

or this:
(negatives - long power cord or cost to put in a new power point, sound from TV will be not as good, harder to secure a big TV without a wall behind it.)

Blue = seating, red = TV, green = room divider shelf, something like an Ikea Kallax/expedit.

For the seating, I'd look for a compact modular set. Can't be too deep or else it won't fit - but that will give you the maximum seating spaces compared to (say) a compact sofa and chair. It is an awkward space.
thanks Dragonchild, have definitely given me more options to think about. Given the smallness of the room, I am thinking of the Ikea Fiheten Modular..
I also came up with this idea.

Excuse the really bad picture.

I included arm chairs, a. So I didnt have a big open void space, and B. so we have more seating options.
I guess I wont really know until we are moved in.
Of course, the negative is that the TV is blocking the window..

thanks for your input.
Hello. .
We are in and settled, so thought i would update with some pics..
The room is smaller than i remembered & pretty restrictive! Whilst the layout is not perfect, it works! ...
For now

That looks like a lovely welcoming space - it looks like you utilized the space well!
Thanks Bonnie

Am hoping one day to knock out the window, build a deck outside and have bi fold doors opening up to the deck!

One day!
Bonnie_p
That looks like a lovely welcoming space - it looks like you utilized the space well!

Agreed!

www.coshliving.com.au
Related
24/03/2024
Kitchen Layout Help

Kitchen Corner

You never have a fridge against wall as you’ve drawn. The doors can’t open past 90 degrees and it’s difficult and maybe impossible to remove drawers

8/05/2023
Opinion on Ensuite layout

Building A New House

Thanks for the suggestion. The space between shower and sinks was too tight. I agree about the toilet location. So I have tried two other options: The lower one is…

18/08/2023
Bathroom floor tile layout

Bathrooms and Laundry

Possibly both depending on the sizing. Idea of working from the centre is that you dont have a 20mm thin tile at one end and a 400mm at the other end. A quick search on…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum