Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Wallpaper Feature Walls Advice Please

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Any advice would be welcome, I really lack any sort of knowledge when it comes to interior design.

I am thinking about having wallpaper feature walls in the bedrooms (4No bedrooms), in the study (world map), in the entrance recess (dark, glittery stripes) and in the powder room (dark stone look).
Is this too much wall paper? Am I just killing it? Would it be better just to pick two or three areas and just paint the rest?
Hi there,
You caught my attention as soon as I saw the word wallpaper. I LOVE it and recently posted a thread about having a wallpaper feature wall behind the tv in the theatre room.

If it was MY choice, I'd do as you want to do and have the feature walls. When you say you would 'paint the rest' if you didn't use wallpaper, would you still paint a feature wall? If you would end up painting a feature wall, you may as well use wallpaper.

In my opinion wallpaper is a real stand out and defines a room more than merely painting it. And there are just so many gorgeous designs out there these days you will be lost for choice. Ive been researching for ages and I am having such a hard time trying to decide which to choose!!!

And the best thing about wallpaper these days is the ease of removing it. Most of it says it is 'removable' and Ive been told it just peels off in one strip. So...if you did change your mind, it shouldnt be too hard to change
Hey there not sure where you have been looking for your wallpaper, but I came across an awesome site whilst doing my research. www.wallpaperantics.com.au looks like they do designer wallpaper and murals and really trendy too. I'm not sure about you, but I'd rather pay a little more to get a really good quality unique product, then a cheaper mass produced one that doesnt last the test of time. Where have you been looking? Have you made any decisions yet?
Related
18/09/2023
Feature brick discoloured

General Discussion

hmmm id assume youll get hit with the "natural product therefore variation in colour etc" excuse. How bad are we talking? One could argue that if none of the displays or…

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum