Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Cushion styling on a king size bed

Page 1 of 2
I'm sick of the number of pillows I have on my kingsized bed.
I have 3 euros, 4 standard, 1 small square throw & 1 small rectangular throw cushion.

What's the minimum number I could get away with, without the huge bed looking bare ?
I HATE cushions on a bed - like in movies sometimes - how do they sleep ...

I'd say two sleeping pillows and two front decorative - for looks - all 4 roughly the same size. Maybe 2 smaller if you must at the front - middle ...
Good question! We have 7 - 2 each in plain linen matching the sheets, 1 each with linen matching quilt cover and a Euro cushion in the middle ... so 4 of them get moved before we get into bed ...
arggh I hate it too. They need to make extra wide pillows for king size beds.
Ari

They do! King size pillows (which require king size pillow cases).
Gaviscon Girl
Ari

They do! King size pillows (which require king size pillow cases).

That's the problem though… They never sell the king size pillow cases to match!
But SM, if the 4 cushions are regular sizes, I think the bed would look 'lonely'

King size pillows ?
Since when have these been around ?
Where have I been ?

GG......where can you find them ?

Quote:
They never sell the king size pillow cases to match!
bugger, of course

Still leaves me with the problem of the bed looking empty...........any photos of kingsize beds with very few cushions ?
Just don't make the bed and shut the door.
I was waiting for that suggestion !
Saint Mike

I'd say two sleeping pillows and two front decorative - for looks - all 4 roughly the same size. Maybe 2 smaller if you must at the front - middle ...

I'm just waiting for someone to ask where to buy those special sheets that you see on TV shows, the ones that only go up half way on the blokes side, and all the way up on the female side.

I'd settle for a fitted sheet that actually stays put and doesn't ride up on the corners and sides
Ari
Just don't make the bed and shut the door.

That's the beauty of doona's ...
bpratt
Saint Mike

I'm just waiting for someone to ask where to buy those special sheets that you see on TV shows, the ones that only go up half way on the blokes side, and all the way up on the female side.

I love it when they're in bed and (after) she gets out with her knickers on - where-as he gets a back shot ...
A bit like keeping your socks on ...
Either you have extra pillows/cushions for looks and need to pitch them off when you go to bed and replace in the morning... Or you have a sparse looking bed.

Personally, I just stick to regular size pillows because I can mix up which one I have my head on according to what I'm doing and I only have to worry about one size of pillowcase. But then, I don't care if it looks pretty - with the unfolded laundry on the chair, dirty clothes overflowing their basket and god-knows-what clutter all over, the bed looking pretty would be rather out of place in my house.

Mine is pretty much how you said in OP. Anymore i think DH would have a fit. Any less doesnt look right haha

http://www.limemortarblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/master-bedroom-my-peaceful-space.html
Great colours !
Set up is almost exactly like mine - guess I'll stick with it as I can't think of any other config. where the bed doesn't look bare
Southies
I'm sick of the number of pillows I have on my kingsized bed.
I have 3 euros, 4 standard, 1 small square throw & 1 small rectangular throw cushion.

What's the minimum number I could get away with, without the huge bed looking bare ?

haha...this your bed Southies??

This is all you need.....2 of these in a large pillow.

How are you???
My bed .....

damn it. Three European pillows looks a lot better than two. Now I need another pillow!! I thought this thread was about REDUCING the number.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum