Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Master Bedrooms

Page 1 of 2
I'm having wild ideas for my master bedroom. I am thinking of painting in the alcove a rich dark colour, then using either Dulux China White or Beige Royal on the other walls.

So tempted to go Black, Dark Grey or Brown.

So this is the master bedroom, currently painted the whole room in Dulux Toffee Fingers.

The rest of the house is done in Beige Royal, China White. I have columns in Porcelain Figurine and the minor bedrooms are all different colours.

Anyone done their master bedroom like this before.....any thoughts are most welcome.
Love the idea. Although I reckon just keep the other walls Toffee Fingers, no need to go lighter IMO.

You could also wallpaper the alcove, I reckon that would look pretty cool too.
Angelblue....did you sneak a photo while your carpet was about to be laid?

How about a dark charcoal grey wall in the nook..... to complement the dark carpet??
Hehehe ..ummm yes Michelle. But my bedroom came to stand still when I noticed that there was water damage from the shower on one wall. So we let it dry out for a week, fixed it and now its ready to be painted, then the carpet can go in.

Dark charcoal grey you say! Woooo that sounds brilliant....Which would you recommend?
Have you seen my bedroom and dining room feature walls?

Dulux Mt Eden

Ohhh Michelle, both are just divine! Is it the same colour in both rooms? The dining room looks to be a blue ..or is it my screen?
Also, I plan to splash one or two pieces of pale blue around too. Will that work too?
Also.....sorry alot of questions.....what is the other colour you've used?
Angelblue
Ohhh Michelle, both are just divine! Is it the same colour in both rooms? The dining room looks to be a blue ..or is it my screen?

Same colour in both rooms....the dining room seems to always look blue but its dark grey same as bedroom.

Also, I plan to splash one or two pieces of pale blue around too. Will that work too?

That will work fine!!

Also.....sorry alot of questions.....what is the other colour you've used?

Dulux Winnow

Hi Michelle,

What do we think?

I like!
Great Deemaree, now you can help me convince my hubby it will come together and look good
I like it to.....its s coat of paint if he really hates it just tell him you will repaint it.
^^^ What she said! You wouldn't believe the number of times a certain wall in our place was painted then wallpapered in the first 12 months of living here...and then we had that wall removed anyway!
Bet the wall was stuck firmly in place with all the glue and paint holding it up
tehehe yes I hear you! This will be 4th or is it the 5th I cant remember that our bedroom has been painted.

My hubby just wants everything Beige Beige Beige. Beige Smeige!! Boring....I want some Ommph in the bedroom.....ooops! that sounds a bit raunchy does'nt it.
Michelle
Bet the wall was stuck firmly in place with all the glue and paint holding it up

Angelblue
tehehe yes I hear you! This will be 4th or is it the 5th I cant remember that our bedroom has been painted.

My hubby just wants everything Beige Beige Beige. Beige Smeige!! Boring....I want some Ommph in the bedroom.....ooops! that sounds a bit raunchy does'nt it.
Ooooo, going to wait till I'm on my desktop to reply to that!!!! Lol
Ok sold hubby on Dulux Mt Eden, he wants Dulux CHina White on the other walls....I'm not so sure

We get alot of sunlight in our master bedroom.

Michelle???
Angelblue
Ok sold hubby on Dulux Mt Eden, he wants Dulux CHina White on the other walls....I'm not so sure

We get alot of sunlight in our master bedroom.

Michelle???

Hi Angelblue....China White doesn't look too bad, or you could try a more WHITE like Natural White or Vivid White
First coat is on! Will post some pics when we've finished

P.S My choice was either Whisper white or Natural White, but hubby is more stubborn than I am. So a compromise ensued
Angelblue

I never understood why people building for themselves (as opposed to an investment property) only take the safe option and get everything beige. We banished beige and brown from our house. Sure we have some safe options like white tiles in the ensuite and black tiles in the bathroom, but we have a blue accent tile in the ensuite, Pillarbox red cabinets in the kitchen, and have
Dulux Pelagic as the feature wall in the Master bedroom, and Dulux Seachange as the feature wall in one of our living ares that we have designated the "Craft Room"

The house is almost completed, but the feature walls haven't been done yet, any day now!
We can't wait to see them.
Related
21/01/2024
Bedrooms

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hi, Have fun, remember bedrooms should feel relaxing and inviting, the last space you see before sleep and the first you see when you wake up. Make sure it makes you…

30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

12/12/2023
Rumpus conversion to a master with ensuite

Renovation + Home Improvement

From the information posted it looks to me your rumpus room is nothing more than extended garage. That will present a number of challenges. Single brick wall between…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum