Join Login
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge

Help with Kitchen Splash back.

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone

I'm just starting to think about the colour of my kitchen splash back. I was originally thinking a grey glass with silver through it cause all appliances will be stainless steel. But my husband thought maybe we should make a feature out of it and go something with colour in it.

I've been googling to try and get some ideas. And so far have 2 possible ideas.

Our kitchen cupboards will be 'Peruvian Clay' and our bench top is Caesarstone 'Nimbus' with floor tiles through out the house from Beaumont Tiles called 'Vibe Latte'.

So I thought maybe a deep grape colour like this
http://www.intaglioglass.com/files/9812 ... shback.jpg

Or a soft aqua like this
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=aqu ... edIndex=31
I'd go the soft Aqua because it's a little more subtle.
But then we are about to get red lower cabinets and red splashback, with white benchtop and white upper cabinets.
Will there be a lot of natural light coming into your kitchen?
I prefer the purple over the aqua but I agree that maybe a softer purple would work better depending on the size/lighting of your kitchen.
Those colour names you mentioned for cupboards, tiles and bench don't mean anything to me. Are they brown tones?

If dark browns the Aqua might go better. If the browns are light the Aqua might be too wishy washy.

If you are going these types of colours ask yourself will you like them in 2 to 3 years? I always stick to classics and get colour through the stuff I put on the benches. It's a lot cheaper to get a different colour kettle or mixer than replace the whole splash back. Just my opinion.
We are putting a red splashback in so I'm all for a bit of colour

Our house will be fairly neutral same blinds throughout, same cupboards throughout. But throw in a coloured splashback, a couple of cushions and some minor accessories and it changes the whole look
Related
27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

You are here
Building ForumInterior Decorating Lounge
Home
Pros
Forum